What topics are u doing for the project? (1 Viewer)

belle_j

we're doing JFK for our main topic. but for my individual project im doing different theories relating to the apocalypse and the anti-christ. relating to ancient through to modern and post modern history.

if i can pull it off :D

yawwn

hmm

Hey I go to a school that does The Nature of Western Imperialism in the 19th Century. Does anyone else do it?
And just another question on this, does anyone know any really great easy thing to do for the individual project if you did ancient...... I know most people think that Ancient people are dumb asses.... well here is your proof.
You guys sound like your all set for your individual i'm still scrapping around to think of something that no one else is doing.
:rolleyes:

pranks85

Belle, how far are you into JFK? We're doing that as well...it's quite depressing, really....but incredibly interesting

kass

HSC
I'm doing JFK as well, and we are almost finished, I find it quite interesting.

I am doing the Maddness of King George III for my research project, and I am yet to find my focus area within that.

yawwn

umm yeah

we have to and in log for the first time today and i still don't know what to do neither does nearly half of my school so we are all generally screwed so if anyone has ideas for anyone at our school we would really appreciateit. Perhaps all the ideas from last yeARS PROJECTS CAUSE YOU GUYS CAN'T USE THEM WE would really appreciate them .....sorry about the caps lock.:confused:

sillychikki

HSC
we also had a half yearly for ext... but hey when it comes to the trial and hsc and we've had more practise at writing the style of essay you need for ext you'll be the one that stresses and complains before that youre less prepared and after that you needed more practise. The half yearly was a wake up call that you need to look at the way you write your essays cos they are way different to any other subject, even ancient and modern.

malayz_angel

How did everyone do in the half yearlys?

I got about 85% which was a bit disappointing, but then again, I didn't really study. I have to improve my marks in the Trials though... :(

malayz_angel

Hehe I guess it depends what subject it is. I got the same mark for economics and I was ecstatic, but that's the first time that I've ever gotten in the 80's and top three rank for that subject. Meanwhile, history's always sorta been my forte, therefore I was disappointed.

Bob the Tomato

im doin sumthing along the lines of how 20th century media portrays king arthur as oppsed to his original representations, and what effects the contemporary world had on the composers

Generator

HSC
N/A
King Arthur?
A Briton, a Roman, or a nomad from the Asian steppes? All can be proven, supposedly, but I haven't been beyond the book covers (apart from the Briton angle, that is) so I don't know which one holds the greatest shred of truth...

Robert de Bruce was much easier. A similar tale, but one that is true, rather than mythical.

malayz_angel

Originally posted by Generator
King Arthur?
A Briton, a Roman, or a nomad from the Asian steppes? All can be proven, supposedly, but I haven't been beyond the book covers (apart from the Briton angle, that is) so I don't know which one holds the greatest shred of truth....
See, i never bothered to think of it like that. I just read the stories.

Bob the Tomato

yeah, trying to prove his existence is a bit out of my league, so im looking at why he was "made"

and yes i read the previous essay about arthur, its good coz ive got a bit of advice from it, but also bad becoz i now have something to avoid too

Bob the Tomato

the people needed a hero. many recent british political campaigns have dragged him up, as an example. henry 8th and other monarchs claimed they were his descendents, coz he obtained such a following coz ppl aspired to be like him, righteous etc.

Paisley

Banned
I love heroes... I'm sick of people trying to destroy them... :chainsaw:

"If heroes do not exist, then it is necessary to invent them. Good for public morale..."
- Cardinal Borusa, "The Deadly Assassin"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)