what topic scares you? (1 Viewer)

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
rama_v said:
Stuff like 2n = C0 + C1 + ... + Cn
hey rama v. i've noticed that you are heaps good at these type of questions, like the one you answered in the Marathon. i looked at the solution in the past papers book and it was much more complicated that yours. how do you 'see' the ways to do them so quickly?

rama_v

HSC
lol, thanks for the compliment, but Im not really that good...

Its just practise with these questions though i guess, like for example as soon as u see C0 included that automatically means that either they've integrated the identity, or that they've multiplied through by x. This is true because you know that they have to have differentiated the identity as well - evident from the 2C1 and 3C3 etc.

But because theres no fractions in it you can conclude that you dont integrate it, but you do have to multiply through by x. Once you do 4 or 5 of these questions and work through the solutions to them, you start to see things a lot clearer

Stefano

Sexiest Member
HSC
Good point Rama.

The topic I fear the most is anything 'harder 2U', because I have neglected the 2U course. I don't know my AP's, GP's or Financial Mathematics. :(

ishq

brown?
HSC
Dislike Financial.
Dislike Rates of Growth and Decay

<3 Trig

justchillin

HSC
They can make hard 3 unit topics??? Nah only kidding...Im really shit at inverse functions for some reason...rest is ezy

r.haidar

not crusin til schoolies!
HSC
the topic that scares me. by ralph haidar

the topic that scares me is binomials... theyre only ever in q5-7 and they suck some mathematical balls...

the end

this essay was inspired by the name "el hosri"

klaw

HSC
hmm... I don't know why ppl are so scared of binomial... it seems relatively straight forward to me... What scares me is CIRCLE GEO!!!!!! or geo in general... Geo is like impossible.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
nah...3u geo is pretty easy cause the questions are quite similar from year to year, like proving triangles are ||| and then using the ratio of sides...

klaw

HSC
but there are so many theorems to remember :( and it's not related to any other topics so you rarely use it = easy to forget theorems

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Hmmm.. circle geo is pretty easy imo..

But i reckon rates of change and hard projectile Qs freak me out. Oh and harder 2u stuff...

100percent

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Hmmm.. circle geo is pretty easy imo..

But i reckon rates of change and hard projectile Qs freak me out. Oh and harder 2u stuff...
how hard can harder 2u be? loan repayments what else is there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)