what topic in yr 11 maths is mathematical indiction (1 Viewer)

oot123

HSC
N/A
what main topic (e.g. derivative under differentiation) does mathematical induction fall under in the yr 11 extension 1 course ?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
nothing really, its just its own year 12 thing
ig it kinda in a way is a continuation of year 12 series and sequences (advanced), but honestly its really just its own thing

oot123

HSC
N/A
wait so why is dr du doing it at the very beginning of the year 11 extension 1 course

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
wait so why is dr du doing it at the very beginning of the year 11 extension 1 course
thats weird but i guess it doesnt really matter as you dont usually need any prior year 11 ext 1 knowledge to be able to do it

there can be questions that require ext 1 knowledge, but most don't

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
it's a pretty easy and methodical topic tbh, as long as you know your algebra you can pretty much know how to do any mx1 math induction problem in a day with a few practice problems. i suppose dr du just wants to get it out of the way since it's short and easy.

the induction topic in mx1 is a distinct topic on its own as mentioned before because it's moreso intended for maths ext 2 students as a start of their proof topic (doing mx1 induction first then leading into the mx2 proof topic, where induction is a bit harder and more rigorous and is only one type of proof) so maybe they start mx2 classes very early in y11 (like ngo and sons for example) and they put it out of the way to accommodate for those kids too

C_master

HSC
mathematical induction is in the y12 course, not the y11 one. i think the topic is distinctly called 'proof by mathematical induction'
I thought mathematical induction was also part of yr 11 Are you sure?

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
I thought mathematical induction was also part of yr 11 Are you sure?
ur thinking of dr du. He does mi first bc it aint that hard + kinda fits well with sequences and series
and also most schools in t4 start y12 w induction bc its 90% algebra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)