What topic did everyone do for their major Project? (1 Viewer)

gr123

HSC
I did The Schindler Myth: Assesing the Historiography of Heroism in Schindler's List, I analysed the movie, can never watch that film again though, all up watched it about 40 times, i reccomend reviewing a book/film/a specific historians ideas, it leaves the scope quite small and managable... so happy its over though!!!!!

MMalone

HSC
Just did the historiographical debate over Hannibal Barca's motives for not taking Rome after Cannae (216 BC). Dissappointed with result, only got 56/60.

bratwurst

HSC
I did mine on 'hot history' and how the public receive their first take on history from journalism.

I talked about this in relation to September 11, 2001.

"Journalism and September 11"

I was going to do that exact project on Schindler but changed my mind at the last moment. I wish I'd done that now!

Note to anyone doing it next year: DON'T DO SEPTEMBER 11! It did not happen long enough ago to have a good grasp of the historiography. I wouldn't recommend, I got through mine. But only just.

ramat

HSC
'Changing Views of the Heretic Pharaoh - a study of the historiography of Akhenaten'

Beruthiel

HSC
Mine was titled "The British Polar Party: Captain Scott and the British Psyche".

Basically a history-of-the-history-of Captain Scott and his men; how the portrayal of their journey (ahk! Hiss!) has changed over time. National history, whether it's useful despite how subjective it all becomes. A lot of stuff on historian's contexts... and concluding by saying that stories of National Heroes are useful when you read *between the lines*.

Heh... I hope it sounded more eloquent in the final essay. >.>
I'd reccomend it as a topic to people starting out, or at least something similar. Antarctic history is fascinating!

Can't wait to get my mark back...

Ademir

HSC
I evaluated the credibility of the Afrocentric approach to history in relation to the debate over whether the Greeks did innovate all the things that western historians usually attribute to them

yourfacehere!

HSC
Mine was a study of the national leaders of the Ku Klux Klan of the 1920's...a whole barrel of laughs.

No really, it was actually fascinating, i'd recommend studying the workings of an organisation and choosing something that will interest both yourself and particularly the reader/marker - everybody loves a bit of racist violence.

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
steph999 said:
ha ha ha.. i'm lookin' at the rise of the sex manuals in the late 19th early 20th century and it's affect on British society. I'm looking at a guy called Richard Carlile who wrote "Every woman's book".....I esp. love the fact that this guy was writin' @ the same time as Jane Austen & their views couldn't b more diff!
ummmm.... Jane Austen wasn't late 19th early 20th century.... she was born 1775, died 1817.... kind of 100 years out there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)