what to say???? (1 Viewer)

poodoorfan

when a question asks, how something has shaped "YOUR" understanding of whatever, is it wrong to say like, "this has shaped my understanding blah blah blah?????
i don't usually write in first person, but did a little bit yesterday and our teachers are always saying not to be afraid to use the word I. Can it lose you marks though?
If they didn't want you to answer in first person shouldn't they put the question more like how has it "shaped peoples understanding" rather than your understanding????

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I just used my pre-made essay.

Which means i didnt use 'I' or first-person type of writing either. Met teacher after exam, he said it was fine.

poodoorfan

ytdjtukr

ok thanks, and also did anyone name their creative story????
because i didn't and i don't think many other people at school did either. Can it lose you marks?

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
i used ' it allowed us'
and then my conclusion went a lil personal, just a tad.
yea i name my creative, dont u have to?

poodoorfan

ydytjej

well thats the thing, i've never been told you had name it by any of our teachers so i've never named a single one of my stories for and exam. I didn't even think about naming it once.
but people on here seem to be thinking you do, it's just never been said to me that you have to name it.

poodoorfan

nhgdjhf

ok thanks for that cause i was starting to worry that everyone knew they had to name it

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I didn't name it. Don't think it matters.

soul_guardian

HSC
poodoorfan said:
when a question asks, how something has shaped "YOUR" understanding of whatever, is it wrong to say like, "this has shaped my understanding blah blah blah?????
i don't usually write in first person, but did a little bit yesterday and our teachers are always saying not to be afraid to use the word I. Can it lose you marks though?
If they didn't want you to answer in first person shouldn't they put the question more like how has it "shaped peoples understanding" rather than your understanding????
We had a similar discussion about this in calss a while ago. Our teacher said to write in the third person so to use, "one's experience" or something along those lines

I dont think it really matters

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
what971 said:
I didn't name it. Don't think it matters.
i didn't name mine either, no one i know in my year did either...i doubt it matters. who cares if they know beforehand what your story's gonna be abt? they're gonna read it anyway...i hope they don't pay attention to such miniscule factors in creative writing..

amy rose

huh?

We had to write a story? SHIT IM SCREWED.....

ok that was lame, but in answer to your questions i didn't name my story and i've never been told by anyone to do so.....and in the essay i just said 'us'

Peartie

HSC
I didnt name my story

and in the essay ive been told by teachers if it says how has YOUR understanding blah blah blah you should say "my understanding blah blah blah" but also use "a responders understanding" etc...not personal the whole time but some personal stuff with it

freaked

HSC
I didn't name my story.
With section 3 I wrote in first person and afterwards regreted it. I was always taught to write essays in third person, but the HSC stresses me out so much that I forget everything I ever learnt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)