What to drop? (1 Viewer)

macrazy

HSC
Another question about dropping - I've found myself in a bit of a pickle. My current subjects, ranks and a rough mark are:
-SOR 1 - 1st, 94% -cant drop
-Andvanced English -5th, 87%
-Chemistry -1st, 94% -not dropping
-Biology -1st, 96%
-Physics - 1st, 88%
-Mathematics Extension 1 -1st, 85%
Keep in mind that I go to a low ranking school that gets only a few band 6's each year, and I still have another round of tests to get back.
My problem is I am seriously considering taking MX2, but I don't want 13 units, I want to do something along the lines of quantum chemistry/physical chemistry at uni so physics is much more related but I can get a much higher mark in biology with no where near as much work (judging from these results)..
Opinions?

HSC
Another question about dropping - I've found myself in a bit of a pickle. My current subjects, ranks and a rough mark are:
-SOR 1 - 1st, 94% -cant drop
-Andvanced English -5th, 87%
-Chemistry -1st, 94% -not dropping
-Biology -1st, 96%
-Physics - 1st, 88%
-Mathematics Extension 1 -1st, 85%
Keep in mind that I go to a low ranking school that gets only a few band 6's each year, and I still have another round of tests to get back.
My problem is I am seriously considering taking MX2, but I don't want 13 units, I want to do something along the lines of quantum chemistry/physical chemistry at uni so physics is much more related but I can get a much higher mark in biology with no where near as much work (judging from these results)..
Opinions?
Reasons to drop a subject -
- you don't like it
- has no relation to what you want to do at UNI

macrazy

HSC
Which do you prefer?
I go through stages with both of them, parts of both I absolutely love while other bits make me want to fall asleep... I don't think I could actually pick one over the other I like more which complicates things

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I go through stages with both of them, parts of both I absolutely love while other bits make me want to fall asleep... I don't think I could actually pick one over the other I like more which complicates things
The good old heads and tails?

astroman

HSC
keep in mind that there are no 'prerequisite' subjects required to get into a uni course, but rather 'assumed knowledge'. Your marks are great in all your subjects so i advise you to drop whatever you feel you like least.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
That's looking like a really good option roght now :p
Can I make the decision? I'll flip the coin, heads is drop bio, tails is drop physics what do you think? I'll record it and I'll send you a link to the video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)