What to dooooooooo???? (1 Viewer)

sammyg

hi!

Was just wondering if anybody will be able to help me with any ideas about what solo performance i should do?
also, is it possible to do the Individual monologue from a movie?

sam

jaNetix

dunjno if u can do it word 4 word
but there was a guy at this yrs onstage that did one as Amos form Chicago the musical.....it was excellent....so i kno u twist stuff around.. ask ur teach.

fringey

HSC
Do something interesting. If you r a girl dont do:
- appearance i.e. copi9ng with an eatting disorder that would so bore me
- Feminism: So over done!!!!!
If your a boy: Boy's usually do good stuff
( i am a girl so im not biast!!)
Do something that u r going to enjoy exploring for a year and best of luck
ohh and try and incorporate some of your skills i.e. if you are good at shadow puppets use it.
However don't if your not coz it will look stupid!!!!

superboobies!

also don't:
- "come out" on stage
- do the whole "i'm an angsty teen and i wanna jump" thing
- deal with teen pregnancy
all cliched

may i suggest doing a revamp of a shakespearean play to fit into the modern context?
there was this one guy who took various shakespearean characters and fit their speeches around the life stages of rupert murdoch. so interesting, and he got a fabbo mark.

sammyg

THANKS HEAPS PEOPLE!!!!

Sorry took so long to get back, Oh MY GOSH! like year 12 is getting hard already!!! :eek: anyways, thaks heaps for all your advice, yea im a guy and thinking with the idea of doing something from shakespeare and modernising it...

Feel free to contact me if u need ideas or sumthin...u guys were a great help!!!!

sammyskyline@iprimus.com.au

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS heapsssssss!!!!

:) Sam

Blondie

Originally posted by clemtinite
And never... NEVER be crazy in any way shape or form. That's like filling out your own death warrent.
oh no!! i mean, the hsc performances are over and all, but i did Susanna from Girl,Interrupted....that wouldnt be all that bad...would it? would it? WOULD IT?!?!?!?!:( :( :(

ruski_gal

i was a doll. Which made it really easy to answer the questions which the markers asked me.
"why did you choose to do this performance?" because i wanted to focus on the imaginary world of a child and how they believe toys are real.
"What was the most difficult aspect of your performance?" Giving an inanimate object emotions and feelings and decising how they would express them blah blah blah.
So i thought that was a good idea. But in the end its down to what your omfortable with and stratching yout limitations into the unknown. Or something like that.....hehe

Meow

HSC
I did Shakespeare, I don't know what I got yet obviously, but my teachers said it's sure to get suck up marks, the markers think they're smart and you're smart if you do classics. Also mine was a really different interpretation which is always good.

vivacious

i did Commedia , i did hte character arlechinno, its was heaps of fun but a lot of work, i ended up having to write my own script/ sequence of events, but in the end it all went well, except i choked on a carrot :eek: :chainsaw: heheh OH WELL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)