• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What to do with 2 weeks til trials? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
There's no time to go through the whole course, but then I'm scared: what if I forgot some little thing and it pops up in the exam?? (for any subject, that is)
Right now I'm just doing past papers, remembering random chem stuff and English essays: but is there anything I should be doing in particular? I don't wanna screw it up (last time to make a change to those awful internals)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
There's no time to go through the whole course, but then I'm scared: what if I forgot some little thing and it pops up in the exam??
Right now I'm just doing past papers, remembering random chem stuff and English essays: but is there anything I should be doing in particular? I don't wanna screw it up (last time to make a change to those awful internals)

Study is a good option :p.
Just keep a cool head and (bad as it may sound) don't study excessively; you don't want to risk being demotivated right before trials.
Past papers is good, definitely do that, and I would strongly suggest for chemistry take some time to revise over Production/Acidic as I've found that a lot of people have forgotten some of it.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Legit; just do some light study. I also have that feeling before exams that ill just forget everything but then I realise that I am squar3root and therefore awesome and I got dis

iStudent

HSC
Memorise your notes first
No point doing past papers if you're doing them open booked or you don't have the knowledge to do them yet.
If you can regurgitate everything in your notes you won't have to worry that you have forgotten things
And if you already did that.. I suggest past papers :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Memorise your notes first
No point doing past papers if you're doing them open booked or you don't have the knowledge to do them yet.
If you can regurgitate everything in your notes you won't have to worry that you have forgotten things
And if you already did that.. I suggest past papers :)
I still have some rusty bits which I need to look over, and as someone pointed out POM (omg torture) :chainsaw:

MrTammoth

HSC
i always study. i think that's what everyone does as well. Just "study". What i mean by "studying" is basically getting your laptop and opening a game simply called LoL. In other words play 24/7 league of legends and become der challenger then start studying. I'm bronze 5 so must spend as much time now climbing the ladder all the way to challenger. Have to jump across 4 tiers till i get there. Really it's like a marathon. Except losing weight, you gain weight because u sit down all the time without any action other than moving the tips of your fingers. Does keep the fingers busy and make then nice.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no time to go through the whole course, but then I'm scared: what if I forgot some little thing and it pops up in the exam?? (for any subject, that is)

It's possible to go through the whole course in the next 2 weeks.

Know/memorise the entire syllabus to the best of your ability. A topic might take 2-3 days.

Past papers are important but knowing your syllabus is even more important.

English is a matter of refining your essays/creative and learning how to answer (adapt to) a variety of questions with your prepared material.

hecticated

HSC
i always study. i think that's what everyone does as well. Just "study". What i mean by "studying" is basically getting your laptop and opening a game simply called LoL. In other words play 24/7 league of legends and become der challenger then start studying. I'm bronze 5 so must spend as much time now climbing the ladder all the way to challenger. Have to jump across 4 tiers till i get there. Really it's like a marathon. Except losing weight, you gain weight because u sit down all the time without any action other than moving the tips of your fingers. Does keep the fingers busy and make then nice.
I like the way you study. I played 3 ranked games and gave up because I only won 1/3 hahahahaha back to normals.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
1. STOP FREAKING OUT!! Like freaking out too much will undermine your confidence which can detrimentally affect your exam performance.
2. Make sure all your necessary notes are done. You don't need to memorise every single detail or each topic, but know enough that can ensure your responses, etc., outshine your cohorts.
3. Start doing past papers and going through marking criteria. Knowing what your teachers want is critical if you want good marks!
4. For English, I would be constantly refining my essays and creative(s) to make sure I know my ideas and evidence. I would also look at past HSC questions and write essay plans to see if I can fluidly adapt my ideas.
5. Remember to take some breaks so you don't burn out as well.

Best of luck!

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Legit; just do some light study. I also have that feeling before exams that ill just forget everything but then I realise that I am squar3root and therefore awesome and I got dis
Said the supplementary exam....

MrTammoth

HSC
I like the way you study. I played 3 ranked games and gave up because I only won 1/3 hahahahaha back to normals.
BAHAHAHAHAHA 1/3 it's okay though, you know why it's okay? BECAUSE IT'll EVENTUALLY BE COMPENSATED FROM YOUR INSANELY OP ATAR. INB4 90>.

ACI

HSC
In your last week of study I highly recommend practicing past papers under exam conditions. This means with time and no access to notes. Pretend you are actually sitting the exam.

Afterwards, mark yourself and you will have a realistic idea of the mark you will likely get in the actual exam. You will also know exactly what to focus on and what you might have forgotten. You will be able to figure out what silly mistakes you make often as well. Use your time before the exam to put an end to these as these can chew up a serious number of marks in tests.

For any other strategies or problems you are having, feel free to PM me :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I just memorised essays and notes cause I had them all complete in the Christmas holidays

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)