What to do now? (Help needed) (1 Viewer)

Catberry

HSC
N/A
From the middle of last year, I suffered from depression and other health issues, which really prevented me from studying at all. Only now are only just clearing up. Now, I realise that I am so behind in all my subjects (3u maths, 4u English, 3u French, chem, physics) so I was wondering how I could catch up. Would it be wise to drop chem since it seems like a very content-heavy course. I did French as an accelerant so I'm only doing French extension this year.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
There are several considerations, for example
1) is chemistry your worst subject?
2)Do you like chemistry(forget for a moment it is content heavy, focus on the content you learn, do you enjoy it?)
3)Have you done your first assessment for chemistry, and if so, how do you feel about your marks
4) Are you willing to put in the time to study chemistry?

The above are just some of the questions you should consider when dropping a subject at the start of your HSC year, only drop it if your answer to the above questions indicates you are not interested in chemistry and probably will be unable to allocate enough time for it, it is arguable that physics is also a very content heavy subject-in many aspects, it is more theoretical than chemistry, I truly admired you for the fact you are able to overcome/overcoming your health issues and studying hard, remember, you have got 6 weeks of summer holidays to catch up, so it is not impossible, if you have any concepts you don't understand or are behind on, why don't you ask your teachers for help(teacher love students asking questions), ask them on bored of studies forum, and for some of your subjects, like advanced and extension one English(only for ATB), and chemistry and physics, if you have any questions you don't understand now, any concepts you are behind on, you are welcome to pm me anytime:)

Just make sure you think through and ask for advice before you drop a subject-because once you drop it, you can't pick it back up again-all the best of luck for this year, make sure to rest wherever you feel you are getting too stressed:) hope this helped

britaker

HSC
I'd recommend staying for the first chem assessment task and seeing how you go.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
From the middle of last year, I suffered from depression and other health issues, which really prevented me from studying at all. Only now are only just clearing up. Now, I realise that I am so behind in all my subjects (3u maths, 4u English, 3u French, chem, physics) so I was wondering how I could catch up. Would it be wise to drop chem since it seems like a very content-heavy course. I did French as an accelerant so I'm only doing French extension this year.
3U maths
- past papers
- summaries if necessary
- PRACTICE

4U eng
- I don't personally do EE2, but my mate does it and she's planning on finishing her entire first draft in the holidays. I think this is a good idea, as you can get it done and out of the way (of course, there will be changes, but at least you have a draft to work with)

3U eng
- read your texts and know the rubric inside out
- also read supplementary material your teacher gives you

2U eng
- start looking at related texts for belonging and write several analysis paragraphs (malleable paragraphs so you can adapt them in exams!!) for each text, with a relation to your core text
- know the rubric inside out

chem + phys
- MAKE SYLLABUS NOTES CONSISTENTLY THROUGHOUT THE YEAR <--- LIFESAVING TECHNIQUE FOR SCIENCE
- lots of past papers
- understand the marking criteria to a detailed level
- have a prac book

best of luck :) I hope everything is getting better for you!!

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Just find a motivation in it, find something in all of the subjects that gets you going, and STUDY! As long as it takes. Some times require some hard measures, and this is one of them.

Also, are you good now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)