what to do before starting year 12? (1 Viewer)

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
also obv idk u personally but hope u don’t stress too much and I hope u do well in the HSC this year !! best of luck 👍🏻👍🏻
hahah thank u again!! yep just try not to learn new prelim content in year 12, period. where you're at atm (before starting year 12) is ideal :))

sab13562

HSC
hey guys :)

So the thing is I didn't do so well in prelims for maths ext 1+adv and chem, and I'm wondering if I should just study ahead for the year 12 course content or take time to thoroughly revise my year 11 stuff? I haven't got much time until year 12 and I'm stressing out not knowing what I should do. Would it be a waste of time to go over the year 11 course? Should I just rather just get a head start in the year 12 course?

Also just wondering if anyone has any tips for studying adv eng, chem, bio, pd and maths? Like how to learn each topic and what I should do to really understand and prepare for exams throughout the term? Oh and any tips on balancing everything throughout the year is appreciated 😊

+ any tips or insights into UCAT prep would also be appreciated!! especially balancing HSC work with UCAT prep :/
Definitely get a head start on your subjects. You will have time to revise Year 11 later on. (practice papers are the key for maths) And also, don't forget to enjoy your holidays! Make the most of them.

weekend

HSC
Definitely get a head start on your subjects. You will have time to revise Year 11 later on. (practice papers are the key for maths) And also, don't forget to enjoy your holidays! Make the most of them.
thanks! so the thing is I’ve started my first topic for yr 12 and have done some school past trial paper questions for that topic and my next topic is functions so im currently revising the functions topics from prelim? Do u think that’s an okay way to approach it?? I was really shocked bc I couldn’t do so many questions in my prelim past papers so I feel like I have to kinda scrap prelim and focus on hsc course 😓

sab13562

HSC
thanks! so the thing is I’ve started my first topic for yr 12 and have done some school past trial paper questions for that topic and my next topic is functions so im currently revising the functions topics from prelim? Do u think that’s an okay way to approach it?? I was really shocked bc I couldn’t do so many questions in my prelim past papers so I feel like I have to kinda scrap prelim and focus on hsc course 😓
I suggest you leave prelim to the big holidays since you would of just finished year 11 now. Take a break from it for now so that way you come back to it nice and fresh. Sometimes if you focus on something too much your brain kinda shuts off. Besides, most past papers I've seen barely ask for year 11 content (about 5 marks, usually MC) , so don't stress too much.

But starting the first topic for year 12 is great! Focus on that for now, and if you can try to finish it before year 12 starts. It'll be a great boost!

Also, don't overload yourself otherwise you'll burn out quick. My biggest advice and I know this from myself, if you need a break, TAKE IT! These are the holidays, so enjoy them. Balance is key! Even during school, if you need one day to kick back, Do it!

Also, go to past hsc papers and collect questions for topic one and try to solve them. If you're ever stuck understanding a concept and can't access a teacher, youtube is your best friend. Also, to do well in maths you must practice solving questions. By comparing your solutions to the answers, you become more aware of how to tackle questions. There will be times where you are totally off, and that may make you feel demotivated, but that's okay! Don't let that affect you. Remember, you'd rather stuff up now and learn from your mistakes rather than stuffing up in the exam. Just by putting in that effort you are progressing without realising.

Another valuable resource which I highly recommend is ACEHSC, here: https://www.acehsc.net/library/#tablehsc

Not only can you access past papers for maths, but trials (usually harder than HSC, so better to practice) and even assignments and notes. This applies to most other subjects too, such as chemistry.

Best of luck in your studies!

weekend

HSC
I suggest you leave prelim to the big holidays since you would of just finished year 11 now. Take a break from it for now so that way you come back to it nice and fresh. Sometimes if you focus on something too much your brain kinda shuts off. Besides, most past papers I've seen barely ask for year 11 content (about 5 marks, usually MC) , so don't stress too much.

But starting the first topic for year 12 is great! Focus on that for now, and if you can try to finish it before year 12 starts. It'll be a great boost!

Also, don't overload yourself otherwise you'll burn out quick. My biggest advice and I know this from myself, if you need a break, TAKE IT! These are the holidays, so enjoy them. Balance is key! Even during school, if you need one day to kick back, Do it!

Also, go to past hsc papers and collect questions for topic one and try to solve them. If you're ever stuck understanding a concept and can't access a teacher, youtube is your best friend. Also, to do well in maths you must practice solving questions. By comparing your solutions to the answers, you become more aware of how to tackle questions. There will be times where you are totally off, and that may make you feel demotivated, but that's okay! Don't let that affect you. Remember, you'd rather stuff up now and learn from your mistakes rather than stuffing up in the exam. Just by putting in that effort you are progressing without realising.

Another valuable resource which I highly recommend is ACEHSC, here:

Not only can you access past papers for maths, but trials (usually harder than HSC, so better to practice) and even assignments and notes. This applies to most other subjects too, such as chemistry.

Best of luck in your studies!
thanks so much!! good luck for your exams 👍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)