What to bring - Learning Guides and other stuff. (1 Viewer)

astroe

HSC
I noticed on vUWS that for 20010 - Accounting Information for Managers, it says this:
"Latest Info added: Lecture 1 Notes. (Remember to print off and bring the Learning Guide to the first Tut class!)"

So does this apply to this unit only or are we expected to print off the Learning Guide of each and every unit we do? The vUWS sites for all the other units I do don't explicitly tell us to print them off and bring it, although their Learning Guides are available.

I just don't want to waste paper (about 30 pages per guide per unit), on something that will be given to us or something, unless explicitly told to attain myself, which I would then do so.

On that note, are there any other things I should print off and bring to tutorials/lectures? Accounting is on Monday for me, as is Torts.

I noticed it said being more than 10 minutes late will count as an absence. :uhoh:

I Study Hard

HSC
I think the learning guide is sort of meant to be like a university version of a syllabus.
I think that the only thing they actually give to us is the unit outline (?) and we're meant to print off the learning guides ourselves. If you're worried about the amount of paper you're using maybe print it so it comes out with two of the learning guide pages per paper. You could also print them back to back so you end up with 4 pages per paper (2 on the front and 2 on the back) =)
Personally i'm just printing each one, i'm worried i wont be entirely prepared D=

daniel4592

HSC
Can I just ask why you would need a Syllabus in class?, wont you only be focusing on a few things each tutorial or lecture? surely you can figure out what you have learnt when you get home.

I Study Hard

HSC
Well..that i'm not too clear on.
But maybe they want to point out important aspects in it or something?
I'm sure they'll explain in our first week.

EDIT: What i meant when i said Syllabus was what we'll be doing each week >.<;;

Dr-Dtox

HSC
yeh im also confused about this, but im assuming that we do print of the learning guides for all the units. sigh.... seems like AIM is the only unit that bothered tell us................... UWS:hammer:

FiFa MVP

HSC
I would also like to know what exactly we bring for our first day at Uni, and when we need our textbooks by?

snow_fanatzi

HSC
well what i can remember from my first year at uni i dont think you really need much. they just pretty much go through what is expected of you, going through the assessment and if there is presentation you will get to choose the week you want to do your presentation. but other than that i think you will need to print out your unit outline just to see when your assessment is due so you can organise your time. and probably just a notebook to write stuff down. i dont print out my learning guide cos i dont like wasting paper but if you think if its important to have it then have it print it out.

for textbook i think you need it by week 2 of uni. but the sooner you have it the better cos i know there will be a lot of reading and it is better to do your reading early. make notes etc etc.

I Study Hard

HSC
Question: Is there a learning guide for intro to law? I can't even find Intro to Law on vUWS D=

astroe

HSC
Okay it's all cleared up, you print off your own Learning Guides which you will find on vUWS for all your subjects, they might give you the 2 page Unit Outline if they are generous (i.e, AIM tutorial gave me a Unit Outline, but Torts Law didn't.)

Also, Introduction to Law has appeared on my vUWS so it's all good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)