What the hell does this mean????? (1 Viewer)

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
I have no idea whats going on when my teacher talks about concerns and values.

What does this mean??????

Identify a technique you wish to explain and outline how it assists with the conveyance of the values and concerns of this scene??

Can someone tell me how a bunch of techniques convey a theme?????????????????????????????????????? CAUSE ITS ALL WTF TO ME

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
er.. say camera angle? low = person is powerful/ threatening?

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
Really? Really? Is that all i have to do?
Explain what the technique does and thats it? Because I know how to do that and I thought the question had more to it but I do not understand how a technique can convey a value.

SmileyCam

HSC
you need to go further than that to get a decent mark,
eg, costumes, white = innocence, saintly, reveals composer's approval for this character's actions, or creates audience sympathy for bad things happening to them

things like that, its even better if you can link techniques together using words like similarly and conversly or identifying techniques like juxtaposition that make the analysis deeper.

nwatts

HSC
It's simply linking a discussion on technique to content . If you've never done this before, you shouldn't really be in advanced English.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
^^ Thats a bit harsh. Sometimes its just the terminology that gets to people.

In Advanced you are looking for a sequence of events which looks like this (to use and EXTREMELY basic model):

Question: "How does the composer use techniques to convey meaning in the text?"

Your answer should always look something like:

Identify technique --> briefly state what it does --> link it to the theme --> quote example.

So in King Lear:

"Throughout King Lear Shakespeare frequently uses the weather as a tool to symbolise the internal pysche of the characters, such as the storm scene in Act --- Scene ---, where Lear states "Blow, blow thou..... (whatever it is)", symbolising the internal, emotional turmoil that he has endured. The storm, and the water is a healing tool, for afterwards, Lear is calm and has been cleansed of his suffering."

Or something like that. Its been more than a year.... :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)