for crime part (a) i said:
1- crimes against the person eg when he abused sam
2-drug offences such as illegal use and poss. trafficking
3-white collar offences (crimes agains property committed by people re: business and personal economic gain), such as breach of intellectual property rights when he copies video cassetes .....is this too far fetched??
For part (b):
1- extradition- definition and method
2- i said that abuse, especially sexual abuse against children is illegal under the UNCROC 1990 (multilateral treaty), and since has been ratified into domestic law (eg crimes act 1900 and chilren and young persons (care and protection) act 1998) then we can punish through domestic law.
i stuffed up...only said...
1. extraditon is avail, but is only effective if there is an extradition treaty btwn countries...
2. where no extradition treaty exists, extradition inspired int. concept of renedition...though this is not legal and cant be enforced...limiting effect..
3. police discretion in detection phase means not all areas and issues are monitored efficiently....therefore some int. crimes unnoticed
4. fear of reporting also leads to no detection of int crimes such as child abuse, thus not effective
nooo i didnt even talk about icc, how much dya think ill be penalised??...wat cruddy answer i had..
yes do reflect standards generally:
1. abolition of capital punishment reflects increased value of human life
2. standard of proof in criminal case also reiterates this and value of innocence and rights of accused.."beyond reasonable doubt" = better to let ten guilty free than convict innocent person
3. However...pauline hansons 3/4 year sentence has been criticised as overly lengthy for crime compared to Bilal gang rapist 55 years....not reflecting so welll
4. sentencing act 1989 ensures a min 75% of sentence carried out before released on parole...prrotect society and retribution while allowing ajustment back into soc (rehab)
5. drug court nsw = non violent drug cases???
blah blah cant remember more but point is holy carp...what a load of bull...hahaha
ew im such a noid