What Texts Are You Doing For Module A? (1 Viewer)

djmattyd

HSC
Our class is doing Hamlet/Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead. Is anybody else doing these two texts for Module A? What is everyone else doing?

I asked my Extension Teacher which texts she would think are more appropriate for me in this Module, and she told me these two, so I pushed for these two in class, and I, luckily, got my way (I really did not want to do "Blade Runner" and "Brave New World"-I hate Sci Fi).

Initially, I wanted to do "Emma" and "Clueless". Does anyone know which of the texts are the easiest, if there is one?

Jaydels

HSC
Our class is doing Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Guildernstern are Dead as well. We didn't have a choice. It sounds the most appealing option though....I hated reading Brave New World and I heard Emma is really boring.

djmattyd

HSC
Yeh, I hated "Brave New World" too, I read most of it last year, and it was so painful. Good book, but not my cup of tea.

astro

HSC
i'm doing Hamlet and RAGAD too.....
I can't stand watching Clueless...

Not Too Bright

Blade runner was a ok film but god i'm still trying to finish BNW been reading for like 2 months now i don't know how i'm going to pass the course

roadcone

HSC
im doing emma and clueless.. unfortunately... i swear the most exciting thing that has happened in emma thus far is that they have gone on a picnic, and i really dont think it is going to get too much more exciting

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
im doing emma/clueless... i like it so far (all ive done is read the book). emma is so not that boring... i liked it! im not a very good book critic though, i like just about everything. and ive never seen clueless, so no opinion there. oh well. I thought it sounded better than bladerunner (gay film) and as for hamlet, im doing the tempest for journeys... 1x shakespeare will do me just fine.

HSC
Yeah we're doing Hamlet and R&GAD too. We haven't started the module yet but I'm looking forward to it over all the others. Stoppard's a fantastic playwright (though an odd character in himself) so it should be good I reckon.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC

roadcone said:
im doing emma and clueless.. unfortunately... i swear the most exciting thing that has happened in emma thus far is that they have gone on a picnic, and i really dont think it is going to get too much more exciting
I am doing Emma and Clueless, I am reading Emma currently and I really like it and I love Clueless so I am excited about going back to english...

Kulazzi

HSC
All of our adv classes are doing emma, except for one they're doing Hamlet...... I'm glad I'm doing emma/clueless cos it's simple and I have my sister's book to look on ;).

ishq

brown?
HSC
Hamlet and Ros/Guil are dead.
Its good in a way - we've all read Hamlet before at some point.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I'm doing Emma/Clueless... argh i cant even get through Emma.. it sucks so bad. Clueless is ok i spose but... I have to finish reading the book by Monday, but its not gonna happen

angel_fire

HSC
we are doing emma clueless. oh my goodness it is so boring. it has taken me like al holidays to read 20 chapters. coz I have no idea. it is a load of shit and i have to have it read with chapter summaries by monday... i think i might just cheat. i wish..... It is the worse thing ever to have to study. i am sorry but it is impossible not to fall asleep. :cool:

HSC
Malouf's An Imaginary Life and the selected Wordsworth poems...sucks
i think i'm the only one on this forum doing these texts for module A

Abbeygale

HSC
**freakstar87** said:
Malouf's An Imaginary Life and the selected Wordsworth poems...sucks
i think i'm the only one on this forum doing these texts for module A
Nope. I've got those too. We were supposed to read them both over the holidays- I managed to finish Imaginary today. And I still feel like I haven't read it, because I couldn't for the life of me explain what the hell it's about. I'll probably have to reread it six times before I can...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)