What textbook do you for MX1 in school/recommendations for study guides? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForbiddenND

HSC
what textbook does your school use for MX1 and anyone recommend a good study guide i.e. shows how to do things e.g. drawing graphs etc...

thanks in advance

ForbiddenND

HSC
Any recommendations on economics/business/legal study guides or textbooks?

Anyone know any good economics/business/legal study guides. Should be simple but not skimping on any details... hard ask i know :S

thanks

Brontecat

HSC
for 2 unit i quite like excel, i find that its detailed enough without being overly extensive and for me the examples are really easy to understand - at school for mx1 they use maths in focus

TheFeared

HSC
I'm using Maffs In Focus. I think its a lot more of a beginner book compared to Cambridge. Maths in focus gives good examples but sometimes have random things like e^x when you havent done anything like that before.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
We're using Maths in Focus at school, we get about 3-4 exercises a lesson for homework... with theory being done in class (which is a waste of time because the teacher is crap and does NOT know how to explain maths). As for maths in focus, it takes up too much time to do all those exercises, so its really hard to work with Cambridge, but I love Cambridge, excellent questions which actually help you unlike Maths in Focus.

That's about it :p (Sorry for the rant)

Edit: for study guide get Understanding maths, excellent book explaining questions (has 1 page for every thing e.g. for trig it will have 1 whole page explaining trig ratios), but Cambridge also contains excellent examples.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
For 2unit Mathematics: I like Excel, Couchman and Fitzpatrick. I learnt from the Couchman book and revised with excel and I use Fitzpatrick to drill in the harder examples.
Excel is a great study book too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)