What t.book do you use? (1 Viewer)

SPX

So what Business Text Book is your school or class using for the HSC? Our one is absolutely enormous with somethin like 600pgs.

AGB

HSC
got the same as natstar...but i dont really like it that much. if ur thinking of getting it as a supplementary text i wouldnt reccommend it...

AGB

HSC
Originally posted by natstar

I found it actually ok to use. It had the terms and stuf so that was good, but it was the one we were issued by our teacher so we really couldent do anything about it. I had the study guide (excel) aswel tho.
i suppose it is good in some aspects...however just looking at other textbooks and some study guides, the textbook doesnt seem to have as good explanations of the different components of the syllabus

just my opinion...could be completely wrong tho...

AGB

HSC
yeah we didnt hav a choice either

do u think that teachers set exams according to the textbook or the syllabus....i no its an extremely general question, but there are some discrepancies between textbooks and the syllabus

bex

HSC
we used nelson business studies..
2 of the co-authors were our teachers which is pretty handy!

bobo123

HSC
business studies in action HSC Course - champan/merritt/norris

too bloody heavy :(

SPX

Yeah, me too...I got the Business Studies In Action but seems like its too detailed but really its all extra case studies.

AGB

HSC
does anybody use the Dixon one?

foxy

i was made for lovin u...
same as bobo and SPX....though we dont even use it half the time! our teacher just summarises from everywhere else, but photocopies case studies off that book! argh whats the point then!!!

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by AGB
does anybody use the Dixon one?
We used that in yr 11 but in year 12 we used heineman which was good. I also bought the excel, which i do not recommend, Our teacher also summarised some parts for us and provided us with case studies so the textbooks were mainly used for revision!!!

AGB

HSC
yeah i was thinking about getting the dixon book for use at home for year 12 but im not sure whether or not its worth it...

Juliet

HSC
We used Business in Action in Yr 11 and then the bloody teachers changed it to the Excel one. But i'm not complaining...:mad1:

AGB

HSC
u are using excel as a text book????????? isnt it just a study guide

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
we used the first edition of Business Studies in Action...it was good for extra case studies...there's also a purple summary book I bought that was good...but I can't rememebr who it's by...

Juliet

HSC
Sorry about that AGB. I thought it was Execl... its from Leading Edge Education or something. :confused:

Originally posted by Bon
Yeah, I used Heineman and it was the only one I used. Can't have been too bad since I got 91 in the exam.
cool! i used the same book and got a hsc mark of 90 in business studies.Peoples you should use this book!

AGB

HSC
i dont even think that studyin for busines studies is that necessary....i mean it is all nearly common sense!

ufb

i've got four textbooks for bizos but i reckon it's best to get familiar with diff. types of questions cauz the HSC questions have got to be inspired by something,

But even still the more Tbooks u have the more confused u can get as each one disagrees with the other

silbi

At school :- BUSINESS STUDIES HSC (Sykes, Hansen,Codsi)
and our teacher summarises notes on each topic and makes in into a folder..

For personal study i use "study mate- 2u business studies " by McGraw Gill book company and also the excel study guide by Louise Flemming...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)