What subjects should I do for Year 12?? (1 Viewer)

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I'm not too sure but I'm guessing that the overall experience (i.e. the full course) gets better from the context in which I asked others. Honestly, the only part I disliked about bio was plants and ecosystems but everything else was enjoyable, including the class and the teacher. I've skimmed ahead for year 12 bio and, unless I've missed something, there's basically no plants (except for a little bit in mod 5) and no ecosystems so that's why I'll probably end up keeping it tbh
theres still a bit of plants in mod 8, but u just look at adaptations and stuff so its ok

Sam14113

HSC
I'm not too sure but I'm guessing that the overall experience (i.e. the full course) gets better from the context in which I asked others. Honestly, the only part I disliked about bio was plants and ecosystems but everything else was enjoyable, including the class and the teacher. I've skimmed ahead for year 12 bio and, unless I've missed something, there's basically no plants (except for a little bit in mod 5) and no ecosystems so that's why I'll probably end up keeping it tbh
Also, regarding your other comments:
- I quite enjoy physics as a subject and I know module 8 is similar to some of the "universe" stuff from year 10 science which was probably my favourite topic so I'm pretty sure I'll keep it
- IPT has no major work; it's just 5 topics of content content content (basically the 'computer' version of Bio lol)
Awesome! Sounds like everything is good then. Maybe it’s not a bad idea to start with 14 units - just don’t be afraid to drop later on if that’s what you want to do

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
I'm currently in Year 11 (about to be Year 12 next term) and got my marks for prelims. I'm not sure about what subject I should let go of (or if I should drop anything at all) since I feel like I've done relatively well in all of my subjects; i.e. I got above 90% for everything except ext1 math (86%):
  • English Advanced: 1/49
  • Math Advanced: 3/73
  • Math Extension 1: 4/41
  • Biology: 2/59
  • Physics: 2/43
  • IPT: 1/21
  • Economics: 1/18
Rn I'm juggling between the idea of dropping IPT (since I don't really want to do more than 12 units for the HSC, and it has shit scaling) + picking up Ext2 Maths and keeping IPT + not doing Ext2 maths which will put me at 13 units. Also, even though I got 4th for extension 1 (and also 86/100 in terms of marks), I kinda bombed the first exam (64%) and it was my worst subject for the half-yearly which is making me second-guess my ability to do ext2. I'm also not really firm on what I want to do for uni/my career so it's not like I need to do extension 2 for a engineering/CS degree or something. Any guidance would be very appreciated :)
I feel like giving ext 2 maths is worth a try. Yes, its a challenging but its fun at the same time.

It hardly matters that you bombed your year 11 test. I bombed my first year 11 test (got 59%) and i think im doing alright in ext 2, so dont second guess your ability, i think ur gonna do great.

Also I agree that u shouldnt do more than 12 units for HSC it just becomes too much.

If you are dropping IPT for shit scaling dont drop it... do what you love... I regret dropping multi (still hurts me till this day lol)

Melv_Inc

HSC
Awesome! Sounds like everything is good then. Maybe it’s not a bad idea to start with 14 units - just don’t be afraid to drop later on if that’s what you want to do
alright, thanks for the advice!

Melv_Inc

HSC
I feel like giving ext 2 maths is worth a try. Yes, its a challenging but its fun at the same time.

It hardly matters that you bombed your year 11 test. I bombed my first year 11 test (got 59%) and i think im doing alright in ext 2, so dont second guess your ability, i think ur gonna do great.

Also I agree that u shouldnt do more than 12 units for HSC it just becomes too much.

If you are dropping IPT for shit scaling dont drop it... do what you love... I regret dropping multi (still hurts me till this day lol)
In that case, I'll probably stick with all my subjects maybe until the first assessment and drop the one I like the least... It'll be a lot of work for the first term (14 units o_O) but hopefully it'll be worth it lol.
Also, what's "multi"?..

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
In that case, I'll probably stick with all my subjects maybe until the first assessment and drop the one I like the least... It'll be a lot of work for the first term (14 units o_O) but hopefully it'll be worth it lol.
Also, what's "multi"?..
14 units is too much atleast drop one thing

ur gonna hate bio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)