what subjects should i do for year 12? (1 Viewer)

lohtus

HSC
N/A
i have screwed up my year 11 yearlies and am disappointed with my marks. i honestly don't know what i am going to do about year 12. i worked really hard in year 11 and had anxiety/burnt out in my yearlies.
currently i am doing:
Extension English
Maths 2 Unit
Modern History
Biology
Chemistry
Economics

i am dropping chemistry because i barely passed the exam and have struggled all throughout the year. i also am no longer interested in doing medicine/dentistry or any other uni course that requires it.
my economics teacher was disappointed in my mark which was near the bottom of my class. she told me to keep it because she thinks i have the potential and work ethic to get a band 6 in my hsc.

i don't know whether i should continue with economics. i am going to pick up history extension because i really love history and maybe extension 2 english. i also don't know if i should pick up senior science and drop economics

any advice would be much appreciated

thanks

AztecWarrior

HSC
Do what you love, that's the main thing
I know at my school you can pick up senior science in your last year with bio but dropping eco is basically up to weather you can deal with a long hard year of study.

qwert73

HSC
If you do do extension 2 english and extension history then you will be on 13 units (including eco) which seems like a lot of work, in which case it would probably be better to drop eco if you don't like it and focus on your other 11 units, also i've heard that doing 2 major works can be quite stressful and tim consuming. If you just pick up extension history then you will be on 12 units so it would really be up to you if you wanted to stay on 12 with economics or go to 10 units. If you like economics and enjoy it then you should keep it because your teacher thinks you have potential to band 6, but if not than you don't really want to study something which you don't like and which might make you burn out again.

I'm in a similair situation because I'm picking up 4u math so I have to either drop chem or eco(I decided to keep business because it isn't as hard as my other one and I wanted a break), I'm still deciding which to drop, for ages I thought I would keep chem but now I think I will keep eco because I like the content more and I struggle with chem a lot.

lohtus

HSC
N/A
Thank you so much for your advice, I think I am going to drop Chemistry, keep Economics and pick up Extension History to have 12 units for next term.

lauraalessandra

HSC
Oh my god i feel you!!! This is almost the exact same as me, besides that i really would still love to do med :( but this is my advice!

Start fresh in year 12!! Its what i'm doing and be a little more calm. Read over your syllabus during the holidays and keep your subjects until year 12 starts, then see how you go with it all! A fresh start may change your perspectives :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)