What subject should I drop??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
So right now I'm doing 12 units and our school recommends 11 units for year 12, so my plan was to drop a subject and pick up extension 2 english.

But I have two problems:

1. I don't know what subject to drop. I do:
- Modern History
- Ancient History
- General Maths
- Legal Studies

I enjoy all of them, but if I had to choose, maths is probably my least favourite but I'm kind of beginning to become interested in architecture and I know you need maths for that (even though it says assumed knowledge 2U maths and ext maths) but there are bridging courses but I feel I should do some maths. Also, it would be kind of sad to drop maths.

2. I'm scared that if I do 11 units and english ext 2 is my 11th unit and I don't like it, then I can't drop it.

so yeah,

What do you think I should drop? and what do you think that I should do about the english thing?

THANKS

Last edited:

Leviathan96

HSC
Calculate for each subject: Natural Ability/Effort required/Result

Or, do what I'm doing. I'm in a similar situation to you so I'm going to pick up both EX2 and History Extension in year 12 so I have fourteen units, and based on my assessment marks/comparative evaluation of results according to effort I'm going to drop down to my best 10

Just think realistically. In the midst of the stress and anxiety of year 12, which subjects do you think will be easiest for you to devote yourself to?

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So right now I'm doing 12 units and our school recommends 11 units for year 12, so my plan was to drop a subject and pick up extension 2 english.

But I have two problems:

1. I don't know what subject to drop. I do:
- Modern History
- Ancient History
- General Maths
- Legal Studies

I enjoy all of them, but if I had to choose, maths is probably my least favourite but I'm kind of beginning to become interested in architecture and I know you need maths for that (even though it says assumed knowledge 2U maths and ext maths) but there are bridging courses but I feel I should do some maths. Also, it would be kind of sad to drop maths.

2. I'm scared that if I do 11 units and english ext 2 is my 11th unit and I don't like it, then I can't drop it.

so yeah,

What do you think I should drop? and what do you think that I should do about the english thing?

THANKS
Well General Maths isn't counted as maths at all. If you don't like it, drop it - it's not a detriment at all. No uni recognises General Maths as maths anyway. A more pressing issue is that if Architecture requires maths and you picked General, you should question whether you're cut out for that because you may find the maths in Architecture quite difficult. I don't know what the maths is - but if you take General and they assume 3u, then you'll be in some trouble and you'll need to take a bridging course.

And for your second thing, you can drop it. EX2 is worth one unit - you'll have ten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)