what subject in yeart 11 would u like? (1 Viewer)

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by fi_babezy
i wouldnt know.. . but i do know that i do legal studies now and it is easy, you just have to do the legwork!
What do you think about these sub's.
English Adavnced
Extension 1 Eng
Mathematics
Extension 1 Math
Physics
SDD
:( I don't wanna do this but, Chemistry
i love english, you will like it a lot, well i do

its a lot diff from year 10 stuff though

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
i don't really have "a" sfavourite subject. For me it more about the time, and mind frame i am. What makes english different in 11?

KarmaKitten

HSC
Originally posted by fi_babezy
i don't really have "a" sfavourite subject. For me it more about the time, and mind frame i am. What makes english different in 11?
They expect you to be more critical, argumentative, more intellectual. You just gotta look at issues and values harder. I love it, its challenging. I did quite well this year

piece of advice

when they give you assessment notices , look at the criteria sheet and see what theyre looking for, it really really helps

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Well I did economics, business studies, legal studies, modern history, advance english and information technology.
Economics is a academic subject and is a really good challenge and is extremly interesting.
Business studies in my view is a good subject. It is really easy though.
Legal studies is interesting. It doesnt scale very well and is not a real challenge but its an alright subject. You can do a lot worst.
Modern history is really good. You learn some really interesting things. However you need to be a good essay writer.
Advance english is alright. If you intend to go to uni then do advance and not standard. Standard doesnt scale well.
I didnt enjoy IT and i've dropped it for my HSC. Its really boring and suggest people dont study it.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I like the idea of Food tech and hospitality....they sound like fun. I did chemistry, l didn't like it because l didn't understand it, l do gen maths, top of the class....its all pretty sweet.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
They expect you to be more critical, argumentative, more intellectual. You just gotta look at issues and values harder. I love it, its challenging. I did quite well this year

piece of advice

when they give you assessment notices , look at the criteria sheet and see what theyre looking for, it really really helps
Thats very ture. Also try and use "big" words (you know, intelligent ones) and you'll blow them away...just make sure you know what they mean!! Also a good idea is to buy (if you don't already have one) a pocket dictionary, so you can look up words you don't know in class.

Another good tip is to read a lot of books in your spare time. My teacher gives us a book each holidays to either read or advises us to...just an idea

carla

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sarah_#1_eel
Thats very ture. Also try and use "big" words (you know, intelligent ones) and you'll blow them away...just make sure you know what they mean!! Also a good idea is to buy (if you don't already have one) a pocket dictionary, so you can look up words you don't know in class.

Another good tip is to read a lot of books in your spare time. My teacher gives us a book each holidays to either read or advises us to...just an idea
also buy a really really good quality dictionary and thesaurus for home..dont rely on the ones on your computer ;)
advanced english is all about being very analytical, which i think is why im good at it (sorry if that sounds up my self), coz im constantly scrutinizing every tiny little situation.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by *~AmaZing~*
for yr 11 i am doin
-advanced english
-extension1 maths
-extension1 arabic
-legal studies
-chemistry
-biology

so am i making the rite descion????
is there an ext 1 arabic in year 11?'

Originally posted by carla
also buy a really really good quality dictionary and thesaurus for home..dont rely on the ones on your computer ;)
advanced english is all about being very analytical, which i think is why im good at it (sorry if that sounds up my self), coz im constantly scrutinizing every tiny little situation.
yeah i would agree with carla... i keep a journal for english.. [partly it was an assessment] .. it really helps :) you write all your notes [outside class] and like u analyses texts, supplementary material..etc etc.. anything that could help you or do to you as a source.. it does wonders when it comes to exam time because its all there for you summarised :).. i think i'm going to do one for year 12 :D

coroneos

i recommend ::

:: extension 1 english
:: ancient history
:: economics
:: extension 1 maths
:: BUSINESS STUDIES
:: LEGAL STUDIES

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by coroneos
i recommend ::

:: extension 1 english
:: ancient history
:: economics
:: extension 1 maths
:: BUSINESS STUDIES
:: LEGAL STUDIES
I think theres a faculty you left off there, umm is it science.
Off course if you love having 4 of your units having below average-scaling go for it.
Edit: Wrong number of below average units. Thanks Ryan. But its still 28.5% of your units

Last edited:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
the onli onez below ave are ancient and bus... thats 4 :p

Last edited:

HotN'Spicy

HSC
Im in ur 12 now, cant wate 2 finish!!!
My subjects R:
Standard English
General Maths
Biology
Health
Hospitality

i hate english im the worst at it! but im toppn my classes for the rest, so ther pretty good.
General Maths is d biggest bludge, biologys got heaps of work but is really intrestn n my fav subject, health n hospitality r heaps fun - they more practical subjects..

g2g neigbours is startn but goodluck for ur trials yr12s!
byeee

snowbunny

HSC
im in year 11 and i do:

3unit maths - its ok....its hard!

adv english- i hate english but if u r capable def do it over standard

economics- interesting i dont mind it at all...i guess it all depends on the teacher you get for all these subjects

business studies - its good! easy and fairly interesting

society and culture - im dropping this next year...its ok....discussions in class are fun. i just dont want 2 study it...work seems pointless compared to the rest of my subjects - a whole load of case studies which can get very tedious

tourism at TAFE - recommend this!!!! soooo good!! ONLY if you are interested though....i absolutely love and go really well in it...its pretty easy....warning if you hate assessments and tests there is one of each for every module....but they are easy and you barely get any homework if you are interested in travel/tourism definately do it! you wont regret it!!

hope i helped!!

P

pLuvia

im in year 11 i do:

MX1 - pretty easy
Adv Eng - relatively easy, boring tho :p
Bio - really interesting worth taking up
Chem - dont worry its REALLY boring in year 11, wait till year 12 :)
Jap - Love it, taking up languages are really good, some advice, DONT choose beginner languages they scale you down badly, and you would rather do it in UNI. In beginners jap you only do the year 9 and 10 stuff, really pointless IMO :p

good luck

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Misturi said:

using big words isn't all that helpful... u need to know how to structure your sentences in a flowing manner first.

Just using a dictionary isn't going to give you top marks... marking criteria will !

well, perfect example, i wrote this amazing story (seriously); big words, perfect structuring and if you were to read it, you'd think "woah".... :rolleyes:

lol, anyway.. i ended up getting a D !!! or was it a C...

ah meh, it all depends on what they want; and on that assignment i thought i followed the criteria, but apparently i missed only one point and they just messed me up so bad..!

anyways, also ask teachers what they expect and you won't go wrong !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)