What sort of Phone do you have? (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Just thought I'd find out what everyone has, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2(bought today, used to have a Nokia e63)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Just thought I'd find out what everyone has, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2(bought today, used to have a Nokia e63)
Nice. I've been eyeing this off but some people don't seem too happy with the battery life. How's it going for you?

I've got a LG Optimus 2x.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
i dunno y but every1 at hospitals have iphone4s. i wouldve thought all the senior doctors would use blackberries since isnt that what "professionals" use?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Nice. I've been eyeing this off but some people don't seem too happy with the battery life. How's it going for you?
People will never be happy about battery life. Remember that the smartphones we have today are more powerful than an average PC from the late 90's and rely entirely on the small lithium-ion cells to do that amount of computing plus run a GSM/HSPA/3G etc. transceiver.

The best smartphones last maybe two days with minimum use.

People just need to toughen up. Lol.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
i dunno y but every1 at hospitals have iphone4s. i wouldve thought all the senior doctors would use blackberries since isnt that what "professionals" use?
Once a upon a time, but blackberry has struggled to keep up with Android and Apple. Their OS is aging pretty quickly. This is comming from an ex blackberry user.

Email was absolutely fantastic though.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
People will never be happy about battery life. Remember that the smartphones we have today are more powerful than an average PC from the late 90's and rely entirely on the small lithium-ion cells to do that amount of computing plus run a GSM/HSPA/3G etc. transceiver.

The best smartphones last maybe two days with minimum use.

People just need to toughen up. Lol.
My phone will always be out of battery by the end of the day even with light usage. It barely manages to do what it was designed to do unfortunately. My gf has an IPhone4 and it seems to last a lot more. Two days with light usage would be fine to be honest. I think the Android OS is partly to blame as I keep reading that the way it manages the battery is not the most efficient.

I do agree with your point though. It's really amazing looking back. I still remember carrying around a 3210 lol.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
My phone will always be out of battery by the end of the day even with light usage. It barely manages to do what it was designed to do unfortunately. My gf has an IPhone4 and it seems to last a lot more. Two days with light usage would be fine to be honest.

I do agree with your point though. It's really amazing looking back. I still remember carrying around a 3210 lol.
Mum still owns a white 3315 in near perfect condition. I laid my Galaxy next to it...

I swear the 3315 should be in a museum somewhere it was that successful, sturdy and just full of awesome.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yeh im happy with my ip4 battery life. lasts a lot longer than my friends who have htc desires and samsung galaxys

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Mum still owns a white 3315 in near perfect condition. I laid my Galaxy next to it...

I swear the 3315 should be in a museum somewhere it was that successful, sturdy and just full of awesome.
You could use those things as weapons!

My friend bought one off ebay and is using regularly. Lol vintage phones. Might start a trend.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
iPhone 3GS

Contract ends in October. Will get a iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S2.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC

I've got a LG Optimus 2x.
I've only had it a day so can't really comment since I was fiddling around with it a lot. But when I turned off Wi-Fi and GPS and just had it run as a regular phone it didn't seem to be getting drained too quickly.

HSC
ugh my iphone contract ends in november
whats the procedure to pay out contract early guys
i want a htc desire hd or something

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
ugh my iphone contract ends in november
whats the procedure to pay out contract early guys
i want a htc desire hd or something
usually if u agree to resign a 24 month contract u can switch to a new contract in the last 2 or 3 months (depends on provider tho).
also, i wouldnt get the desire hd, the battery life on that thing is shite and its not that good anymore. samsung galaxy s2 if anything or ip5 if they do release one late sept.

Vidhya

HSC
Blackberry Curve. Internet is okay to use, battery lasts quite a while but I wouldn't know much else because i just use my phone to phone people.

But I'm addicted to my friends' iphones

khfreakau

HSC
I have a galaxy S2, I've had it for nearly two months now, on virgin. arcorn, have you updated to 2.3.4 or was that the installed firmware when you bought it?

about concerns with battery life, as soon as i installed 2.3.4 over 2.3.3, i noticed my battery life improving DRASTICALLY. the stupid aos bug was truly a killer. if i turn off wifi/3g/most things and just use it on minimum use it could probs last 4 days.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I have a galaxy S2, I've had it for nearly two months now, on virgin. arcorn, have you updated to 2.3.4 or was that the installed firmware when you bought it?

about concerns with battery life, as soon as i installed 2.3.4 over 2.3.3, i noticed my battery life improving DRASTICALLY. the stupid aos bug was truly a killer. if i turn off wifi/3g/most things and just use it on minimum use it could probs last 4 days.
Tempting me to make the plunge and buy the S2.

shady145

Banned
HSC
sony ericsson x10 xperia, now one year old and slowing down :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)