What sort of job do I get? (1 Viewer)

Dammit

Hi all,

Bit of background, i did my HSC end of 2003, then i did a 1 year tertiary course and obtained an Advanced Diploma in Business Management/Marketing.

Having graduated from that im now looking for fulltime work, but i cant seem to really find anything that relates to my qualifications. Everywhere wants experience so its making it hard.

Should I start off as a job like receptionist just to get experience and stuff? Or should I hold out for a company willing to give me a c hance as something with more responsibility?

Ive been offered one reception job which offered me $25,000pa but I rejected it because I felt I should be earning more than that and being a male reception doesnt really seem my thing.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should be doing?

Thanks

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You probably should have tried applying for some of the graduate recruitment type things that the big comapnies offer last year....

Maybe look for a cadetship/traineeship type thing in business because then you can move your way up.....

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Call centre operator and move up from there.

I'm currently working with the dragons as cco, but is for a year or two, then planning to move into insurance or finance (this is what i want to get into eventually i finish uni), and get qualifications from either tafe or uni.

Cco is a great way to start mate.

Also i like real estate, and cco is great for that alot of customer contact and selling.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hmm i believe u shud take anything given, as its quite hard to get a 40k job without a uni degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)