What should I revise? for mechanical eng (1 Viewer)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Hey Im going to newy to study mechanical engenering, i deferd last year and i think i should do some study be4 i go haha.

my results were (pretty average):

Chem-72
maths-78
physics-84

im thinking of doing heaps of maths and some physics....i dont know if i should worie about chem, not sure

anyway, what subjects should i study ??? are there any specific areas i should be going over that are needed in mech eng?? like i mean probbality and series and sequence etc will i be needing that kind of stuff?

thanks for ne help :)

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
Lots of maths. Mech eng has tough maths. Grab a 4 unit book and teach yourself some of the mechanics stuff. It will be really really useful.

Where you from countrydude?

Longshot: hazo? Give me a call...

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Revise some maths and physics. If you don't have the required level of maths for your course (such as either Ext 1 or 2) then you might consider a bridging course at your uni (if they offer any).

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
ok countrydude...i did the same 1st year maths that i in the course and found it pretty easy (I did 3u HSC maths) second year maths is also pretty easy. i also did one half of the engineering mechanics course for my civil degree (the mechanics course that you will do is split into dynamics /statics for mech eng and statics / some civil subject for civil eng.) for statics i would advise you to look at year 12 engineering studies stuff, and for dynamics i would advise you to look at 3/4 unit maths and / or physics stuff.) you will most likely do physics first semester as well which you should probably look at (shock) physics stuff for, especially newtonian dynamics.

EDIT

probability - no

series and sequences - yes, for second semester maths :)

Last edited:

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
Hmmm sounds hard! and i only did 2 unit :(

hmm will there be time for me to learn this new maths stuff at uni?

im guessing 2unit is pretty basic stuff compared to 3,4 unit etc...?

hmmmm

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
countrydude said:
Hmmm sounds hard! and i only did 2 unit :(

hmm will there be time for me to learn this new maths stuff at uni?

hmmmm

if you go to lectures / tutes you will be fine :) My friend did 2u and thought he would fail 1st year maths but ended up getting distinctions

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
righto thanks for ur help mate im just lookin around to see if ne1 has some old 3-4 unit books 4 sale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)