What should I do?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,

Recently I've got back my subject lines for year 11 2009. There were not enough students to make a class but I still really want to do it. I decided to do distance ed economics.
But my careers advisor has told me it's not a good thing to do distance ed and has strongly advised me to do something else on the lines. He said it wasn't that important if you wanted to do economics in Uni and many people don't go well in it to get a good Uai.

Just wondering if anyone has got a great UAI still doing distance ed courses and if anybody knows if doing economics in yr 11 & 12 helps in giving you a head start in the economics courses at Uni. thanks much appreciated, my subjects are below.

senorita05

HSC
my older brother said that the first thing they tell u in uni is forget wat u learnt at skool !!!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
it might not necessarily get you a head start... i'm pretty sure you'd learn the entire prelim and hsc eco course in the first month of uni or whatever

The Huntster

I is teh sexy ninja
HSC
distance ed would be a bit of a bummer cos ud be spending most of your homework time for other subjects on the distance ed subject.

RobfromAV

HSC
Yeah from what I've heard, Senorita is right on the money. My sister's doing eco now at uni, and she says that not doing at high school has probably helped her. Obviously they would teach you something in 2 years of eco, but she says that it's very basic and simplified, and that often the eco students at uni try and fall back on what they learnt at school - which gets them into a problem since it's a bit overly simplistic for uni exams.It's a really unfortunate situation though, because you're clearly keen. I think the careers advisor's probably right though...betcha he knows what he's doing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)