What should I do? Legal or Bio (1 Viewer)

chakky123

HSC
Hi every1,

Im aiming to be a lawyer when I grow up but I know that legal studies does not rlly help in that. All my friends and every1 i noe says bio is the worst subject to do and I know they both scale around the same. Plus, all my friends are seemingly doin legal.

Allso i did a bit of bio earlier and i was pretty good at it, but i dunno if the yr 11 and 12 stff will get harder. So i just wana noe if legal is interesting and stuff and if its worth doin over bio...

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
From what you've said, do legal.

From my experience with bio, do legal.

From my friend's utter love for legal, do legal.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, luckily for you I was in the same position you are. I got Legal and Bio in my line and I had to pick one..

In the end I did pick Legal - and was quite lucky in it because I got an awesome teacher who, despite us going off topic most of the time, we still learned and had fun.

One of my friends does Bio, they get lots of excursions and he says it's somewhat boring - but it gets interesting in Year 12.

Anyway, I digress. Legal Studies if you want to get into Law is crucial I think. If you go to the University people and apply for Law, and if you don't have Legal Studies in there - well, they'll be basing if you got in from your other non-Legal subjects. I just think you should pick subjects that will help you and Legal is one of them, and the only one.

I have ambitions in Medicine, some of my friends aren't exactly Medicine material... just because your friends do it is not a good reason. In the end, after high school, your friends might not be friends anymore because you don't see each other all that often - and you'll just be "an old friend" after.

So pick Legal is my advice.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Legal.

I dropped biology, because our science faculty is incompetent.
Since they're both on equal terms with you, pick whatever you might like more.

Does Australian law, policy, civil law, crime, human rights etc interest you?
Or do you like the anatomy of plants more *cough*?

gorgeoussmile

HSC
OMG FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO LEGAL
if you want to be a lawyer you will absolutely LOVE legal.. i do! its my best subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bio is so crap. I do both.

HSC
i do both and i love them both.
but since you want to be a lawyer, do legal not that its necessary really.

i cant pick. bio isnt crap. legal isnt crap.

HSC
Legal.

I dropped biology, because our science faculty is incompetent.
Since they're both on equal terms with you, pick whatever you might like more.

Does Australian law, policy, civil law, crime, human rights etc interest you?
Or do you like the anatomy of plants more *cough*?
that whole anatomy of plants stuff doesnt come into the year 12 course that much. maybe a few points in the first topic but nothing like year 11.

lychnobity

HSC
Legal, for the general knowledge it gives you about the Australian government system. Eg you won't be caught out so easily when it comes time for paperwork etc etc

It's a very interesting subject, knowing your rights, and cases are always lovely things to pass time with. I enjoy the Crime and Family topics, so they hold my interest, while the Latin terms you learn in the compulsory Law and Society one are awesome things to shoot when people suspect your intellectual capabilities :D

I think it makes you a more articulated individual, as you can read newspapers/media and really read them for what they are, and to holistically assess the status quo (not meaning to say sciences don't, but who talks biology anyway?). I'm into politics, so Legal was something that was really in my corner.

TL; DR: CHOOSE LEGAL

Dischantress

HSC
Legal or Bio are both on the same level plane. Really depends on what you want to study for university.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)