What should I do in my free time? (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
Lately I've been watching anime (a LOT actually) and I realised that this probably isn't the best thing to do.

I don't want to go back to playing computer games either.

And I'm not the sporty type - so any form of exercise is completely off the table.

Any ideas to pass time? (besides studying)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
read books. maybe your prescribed texts?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
actually, there is no such criteria and it is impossible to give you a definitive answer of what you should do in your spare time-because, after all, it is your free time, so you should be the one deciding what you want to do with it.

However, in response to the information you have given
-Watching anime a lot-actually it doesn't really matter if it allows you to effectively relax and go back to study-ever heard the phrase 'study hard, work hard', as long as you watch it after you finish doing your allocated work for the day and use it if possible, as a condition or reward upon condition of a certain amount of study-there is no problem(just make sure you are finishing your homework and assessments and assignments on time as well)

-I'm not the sporty type-ok, you don't need to run a marathon-but you should do some sort of regular walking if you don't walk to and from school-sometimes a stroll is all that is needed, or there are some X box type games that promotes physical exercise but within the comforts of your living room-so you can try it with a friend-so you feel more motivated, just a fact, exercise can stimulate your mind and improve concentration span-and a healthy body will always be better to cope with situations of extreme stress than a less active one

-Any ideas to pass the time?
Below are my top suggestions, but you are free to reject them all and do something you like
1)Watch/listen/read related material related to your subjects-so i.e. if you do legal studies, you might watch the news to understand the effectiveness of laws-increase your understanding, if you do science subjects-you might watch lectures/short videos on related, but not identical topics to what you are studying-basically do something that increases your interest/passion in the subjects you are studying

2)Spent some time with your family-communicating with them, spend some time with your siblings, establishing strong familial connections will provide a supportive, understanding familial environment which will improve your studying efficiency since your family will gain a greater understanding of your feelings and needs during the HSC and can undertake measures to support you-both short term and long term

3)Do some volunteering-if you have enough time, go out with your friends-i.e. on Friday night for a movie for example, and perhaps help out other people in your cohort struggling with the materials taught in any subject or ask your teacher any questions you don't understand or do extra practice for your subjects

4)pack up your room, make sure you have a welcoming/neat study environment, organise your study files and notes-both in physical folders and on your laptop, make short term and long term goals-evaluate them, make study schedules and to-do lists.

Hope this helps-do what you like, make sure you have enough time for studying, rest and having fun-when you are able to maintain a balance, it really doesn't matter what you do in your free time-as long as you are using it productively and you feel happy doing the things you enjoy:)

Last edited:

DanS

Born to do better.
HSC
Any ideas to pass time? (besides studying)
Umm, you could post some to me?!? :)

As Zeref & Strawberrye said, do reading - read prescribed texts for English well ahead of others, read exemplar papers & responses, read good creative writing pieces to subconsciously improve your own. Reading is a great way to enhance your knowledge and the more you do, the more words you can add to your vocab & improve your creativity!

Not speaking from experience, but if you timetable your days and stick to it fairly rigidly you will waste much less time and be more directed and focused in any studying you do.

good luck!:)

iStudent

HSC
Already finished reading my prescribed texts until module A.

Also, I actually did stick to a timetable for a few weeks, but this all fell apart because of cliffhangers :(

I suppose I'm just procrastinating. Need to start focusing >.<

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Already finished reading my prescribed texts until module A.

Also, I actually did stick to a timetable for a few weeks, but this all fell apart because of cliffhangers :(

I suppose I'm just procrastinating. Need to start focusing >.<
instead of studying you'll often find yourself on BoS ......ALOT

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol i thought this thread was for 2013ers. im looking for things to do in my free time.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
omg you have free time?? I forgot what that even looks like.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Study. Do sport. Even if you aren't the sporty type find something!!!

I began bike riding as a new hobby this year on top of my rest and it actually helped me study better (perect relxation) and become a better driver on the road lolz.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
get into a creative hobby!!! best stress relief :) (unless you get stressed from not being able to do it, then that's off the table)
otherwise study or sleep lol

Chocolatebubble

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm self-learning Japanese and reading yao- i mean manga in my spare time. Pretty neat stuff! Go learn some basic japanese and watching anime would be so much more fun! Also most of my time goes to watching/catching up with youtube videos, lol. I watch gaming vids so they go for quite some time.

i wish i god damn had free time. SO busy with src and outings and exams GAHSDA

Go for a walk. if you live in a safeish place go out at night and have a relaxing walk in the dark, with or without some calming music in earphones. So much tension is let out

iStudent

HSC
omg you have free time?? I forgot what that even looks like.
I have free time because I'm one of those spoiled kids who finished the whole HSC course before the actual HSC.
and probably also because I like to do things last minute. and also because I like to procrastinate... :(

But srsly though, I only have like 1-3 hours/day to myself (depending on whether I can stop myself from clicking on "next episode"...) The rest of the time is studying.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
I'm self-learning Japanese and reading yao- i mean manga in my spare time. Pretty neat stuff! Go learn some basic japanese and watching anime would be so much more fun! Also most of my time goes to watching/catching up with youtube videos, lol. I watch gaming vids so they go for quite some time.

i wish i god damn had free time. SO busy with src and outings and exams GAHSDA

Go for a walk. if you live in a safeish place go out at night and have a relaxing walk in the dark, with or without some calming music in earphones. So much tension is let out
yao-i mean hentai

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
i just realised:

yao-i mean hentai

SEE WHAT I DID THERE ;DDDDD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)