What should I choose for Yr 10 subject selection?? +tutoring centres?! (1 Viewer)

jennifernb

HSC
Hey guys,

my subject selection process is coming up soon and I'm really unsure about what I want to do. I'm planning to do law in the future so most of my subjects so far are very literature based, but I feel like that can be a bit too overwhelming.

So my choices so far are:

3u Maths
3u English
Physics
Economics
Modern History

I know that scaling isn't meant to be a main focus, and that I should pick subjects that I like, but do there subjects scale well? I'm just curious.

I'm unsure about physics since I'm not that great in it, I have somewhat of a decent interest in it and I'm sure I can improve if I put the right amount of effort in.

So what do you guys think?

Can you also recommend me tutoring centres for all these subjects as I'm planning to start pretty soon.
Please don't recommend Dr Du for maths or Peak for science as I've already tried them and they're not really for me.

I'm considering matrix but quite unsure?

Thank you ^_^:lol:

Shuuya

HSC
If you want to do law, maybe choose legal studies? :lol:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Legal Studies doesn't really help at all with Law nor is it an adequate indicator of success or enjoyment of law.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
If you want to do law, maybe choose legal studies? :lol:
Almost like suggesting: If you want to do Engineering, do Engineering Studies. Is that necessarily a good advice? Also have you made provisions for Plan B and if necessary, Plan C? Choose subjects that allow you to take anothe course, if say, you later on decide you don't want to do Law.

Also the prevalent thinking is: do the subjects you like or are passionate about. My suggestion is: do the subjects you need, not necessarily the subject you like. Of course if the subjects you need are also those you like, then that's even better.

If you live in the Epping area, have you considered Drongoski for (1-on-1) Maths? Some people think he is quite good.

Last edited:

jennifernb

HSC
Almost like suggesting: If you want to do Engineering, do Engineering Studies. Is that necessarily a good advice? Also have you made provisions for Plan B and if necessary, Plan C? Choose subjects that allow you to take anothe course, if say, you later on decide you don't want to do Law.

Also the prevalent thinking is: do the subjects you like or are passionate about. My suggestion is: do the subjects you need, not necessarily the subject you like. Of course if the subjects you need are also those you like, then that's even better.

If you live in the Epping area, have you considered Drongoski for (1-on-1) Maths? Some people think he is quite good.
That's why I chose Physics but I'm not sure if it's something I'll enjoy. The rest of my subjects are something I would definitely be excited to study whilst Physics just lies on a scale of 7/10 :/

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
That's why I chose Physics but I'm not sure if it's something I'll enjoy. The rest of my subjects are something I would definitely be excited to study whilst Physics just lies on a scale of 7/10 :/
Well, you do have 12 Units, and the potential for picking up 3 extensions (HistExt, 4UMath, 4UEng)
So like, if you decide you hate physics, you can drop it, and still pick up extra units if you want

I say take physics, plus imo you have a nice balance of subjects. From your subjects it seems to me that you're fairly good at both technical subjects and humanities (I'm kinda similar lel) and I've found having both really helps. You can get really sick of writing essay and after essay, and likewise get sick of doing past paper after past paper. Being able to switch to another subject with a completely different set of skills and thinking can be really helpful in keeping motivated and time efficient. It can be really refreshing tbh ahaha.

:haha:

(but seriously, he knows his stuff lel)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)