What should i choose for my historical investigation? (1 Viewer)

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Hey earthlings.
What should I choose for my ancient history- historical investigation. I want something interesting so i can be motivated to do it. I don't want something too broad or complicated. I was thinking about the Flores human ancestors remains or cuddies springs (google them if unknown). What do you guys think? Or do you have a better idea? My last assignment I did Machu Picchu. That was quite interesting. We have to keep a log book of our investigation process and everything - ahhhh! It can be a personality, society, period, site etc - anything to do with ancient history. But I don't want broad and complex. And not Cleopatra - not something everyone does - something interesting and uncommon. eg cuddies springs. We have to make up our own question and answer it. So it can be on any aspect of anything. eg 'discuss the significance of the jewelry and clothing worn by women in egyptian times'. I need to decide by tommorow so help me. I can't make decisions. THANKS A BILLION IN ADVANCE.

Last edited:

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
Do a conflict? If the place/event is interesting to you it's fun researching all the sides of the controversy.

I do Modern, not Ancient, so no good with topics, sorry.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
You should choose a controversial topic of interest which has caused divide and debate between historians. This will give you an opportunity to critically formulate personal opinion and critical analysis of the topic. Also, when conducting your historical investigation, you should be looking beyond the information of the topic, and assessing the impact/significance/role etc. of your topic.

agua.fuego

HSC
I was going to do Assyria for my one. They seem awesome, in a kind of bloodthirsty way. Or do a topic that's loosely related to your topics next year (e.g. if you're doing Nero do Agrippina as a topic).

LD2W.banana

HSC
for my historical investigation doing the Ancient olympic games, but the guys in my class are doing:

Was Alexander actually great ?
Why was the Great wall of China built ?
What did Caesar contribute to the Roman empire ?

there are heaps lol

yvettemaree47

HSC
LD2W.banana said:
Was Alexander actually great ?
Why was the Great wall of China built ?
What did Caesar contribute to the Roman empire ?
Those topics are really good ones! *quickly writes them down to have a look into* I need to choose my topic by next week and my teacher isn't letting anyone in our class have the same topics... All the good ones have already been taken, so I was kind of stuck... until now :)

bawd

HSC
I have a fetish for Ancient Roman/Greek societies so here are my recommendation (more like personal preferences):

1. Any Roman Emperor after Julius Caesar (eg. Caligula - made his horse Incitatus a consul (a ruler of sorts), Nero - fiddled while Rome was on fire, killed his mother, girlfiend, wife and half-brother. What more can I say?)

2. Greek philosophical figures such as Aristotle

3. Greek dramatists or comedians (Sophocles, Aristophanes)

4. Fall of the Roman Empire

5. Alexander the Great

6. Spartacus

etc etc. Just do a bit of browsing on Google and you'll turn up a ton. Or just ask your teacher what everyone else is not doing.

PS. I've got the same task, and I'm doing Nero.

Last edited:
HSC
I did this assessment.

I chose Hatshepsut.

Excellent topic.

Her achievements and the mystery surrounding her disapperance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)