What should I be doing? (1 Viewer)

Shazer2

HSC
Apart from SDD, I've finished every subject in terms of content. I also just sat my trial exams and these were my results:

• English - 62
  • SDD - 77
  • Maths - 70
  • Business - 74
  • Economics - 66

I'm relatively happy considering I did minimal study. I pretty much only studied for maths and it was quite a hard exam (1st got 86). Now, I'm not really sure where I should start with my study leading into the HSC. What should I be focusing on? Past papers? Study notes?

Also another fairly irrelevant question - with those marks, they are my raw trial marks, correct? Will my raw marks in the HSC be aligned (as seen in raw mark database for example) and then those aligned marks be used to calculate my ATAR?

Last edited:

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
For the ATAR calculation part; Yeah, your HSC raw mark will get aligned, then your internal marks will get moderated. These two marks will be averaged and that will be your 'HSC mark'. These 'HSC marks' will then be scaled for your ATAR calculation.

Shazer2

HSC
And what's the process of "moderation" for internal marks? How would the following internal marks (average) be moderated, and or what to?

• English - 60
  • Maths - 80
  • SDD - 80
  • Economics - 80
  • Business - 80

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
And what's the process of "moderation" for internal marks? How would the following internal marks (average) be moderated, and or what to?

• English - 60
  • Maths - 80
  • SDD - 80
  • Economics - 80
  • Business - 80
Google 'HSC moderation', it's a long process to explain

Shazer2

HSC
Alright thanks. Also, what do you think I should be doing in relation to final preparation?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I'm aiming to finish writing/reading/understanding all my notes then just doing past papers. You should probably do the same

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)