What school do you like? (1 Viewer)

SPX

What school do you admire, like to go to or whatever in place of your current school. And why?

Personally I like Monte.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
hmm...................

in place of my current school.................

i would want to go to a school that has alternative philosophies, or a performing arts school...

or maybe just sceggs redlands cos its friggin 5 mins walk from my house, n u can do the IB there.. as opposed to my current school 40 minutes drive! bah......

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by SPX
What school do you admire, like to go to or whatever in place of your current school. And why?

Personally I like Monte.
That was a gimme!
heh why is it that Pius guys always stick to Monte chicks?

I would've liked to have gone to James Ruse...or Sydney Boys
I would never goto a private school :p

SPX

Menai, i know what you mean, we all "like" Monte....nah cause their smart, sexy and attitude!

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
i liked the relaxed, homely school i went to. even if it was the local high school... hate it to be so strict as a private school, wouldn't suit my attitude problem

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I liked my school, I considered it the best for the area that I was in. and its uniform policy was just another added bonus.

But I would swap for a nice selective public school in Sydney.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika
I liked my school, I considered it the best for the area that I was in. and its uniform policy was just another added bonus.

But I would swap for a nice selective public school in Sydney.
I wouldn't, too much pressure and stress at those schools.

Overshoot

Originally posted by Ultimate
It all depends on the individual
And you have to be a genius to get in, they basically only accept 96+ people anyway. To be honest, it isn't the school, it's just the sheer density of extremely intelligent people.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Overshoot
And you have to be a genius to get in, they basically only accept 96+ people anyway. To be honest, it isn't the school, it's just the sheer density of extremely intelligent people.
Yeah that's true, they only accept intelligent people, which is why the selective schools go so well

Overshoot

Yeah, but Ruse has an even higher cut-off than others. People cut down the academic perfomances of non-selective private schools like mine, Knox, but they accept anyone of any intelligence. In fact, you have to book years in advance so they'd have no way of knowing anyway.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by Overshoot
Yeah, but Ruse has an even higher cut-off than others. People cut down the academic perfomances of non-selective private schools like mine, Knox, but they accept anyone of any intelligence. In fact, you have to book years in advance so they'd have no way of knowing anyway.
I used to go to Knox Grammar school, so I know what you mean

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

Yeah that's true, they only accept intelligent people, which is why the selective schools go so well
... thats not true ... especially for non-ruse selective schools ... at north sydney boys high (your typical selective school ) ... 70% get 90+ for their uais ... and theyre people who get the '30 or below' for their uais ...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A

I wouldn't, too much pressure and stress at those schools.
there isnt much pressure ... or that much ... because there is a hierachy ... the naturally gifted and people who perform well no matter what ... all perform to expectation ... and after a while you fit into the pattern of things ... such as becaming average ... near the bottom ... above average ... and there isnt much you can do to break the cycle ...

SPX

Well in Knox you are fairly selective as in scholarships and people on waiting lists even though they say they aren't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)