What school do you go to and what is ur opinion on it? (1 Viewer)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
Bookie said:
Now as stubborn as this may sound, dont fuckin refer to your school as SHS. Sefton right? SEFTON. SHS is our school. The first SHS, the best. Sydney High. A fuck load better sounding than Sefton High. Dont bring down other schools [such as Sylvania High] with the use of acronyms.

Same goes to you, except you're lucky that there are no other SIHS' around here [Sydney Interntaional High School perhaps?].
get a life bookie. School pride only goes so far.

HSC
I go to Muirfield High, its pretty good. Um... it has a farm, for agriculture, with lots of crazy + cool animals. :)

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
i go to wagga high.. out here in the country (.... when did i turn into such a bogan? i mean really...) there's not a lot of choice. we have three public high schools, 2 catholic colleges, a christian college and an anglican college... but even if we had the money i still wouldn't go to a private school...
even if we don't have the same great facilities and money as private or selective schools i reckon public high schools are the way to go... just for the community and getting to mix with all different people of different nationalities, religions and degrees of wealth and academic ability (god i think im turning into a walking talking advertisement for the department of education).
haha we hav a farm too... the cows and sheep always wandering over our oval makin a mess.... :)
incidently my dad and grandpa are old boys of sydney boys high

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
man that was a shit pun... :) haha ... (ok ok i laughed... damn twisted sense of humor). so wots are selective schools like?? everyone please tell me what i've (or haven'tt) been missing out on all these years. one thing i don't covet are the uniforms of some of the sydney schools... give me my year 12 footy jumper any day!! i feel so immature when i'm in sydney on the trains because i can't help but laugh at the poor girls who have to wear uniforms that look like little sailor-girl costumes. with hats... *shudder*

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Trust me, going to a selective school is no different to another school if you are champ individual. Socially, selective schools are weaker [I accept it], but for all I know, everyone loves each other here and theres nohard feelings between people. Academically, its probably better cos smart people push each other along, but thats only based on the individual - stick selective students out to some random publicschool inthe sticks [sorry] and he will still get a 99 or whatever he'd get here. But I'm happy to go to High, as its got a good reputation and a cool name. Sydney High. Oh yeah. Go High.

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
some random publicschool inthe sticks [sorry] QUOTE]
lol thats ok theres nothing better than randomness, and sticks for that matter. yeah thats a bit of an achievment for your school to be called sydney high out of all the how many other schools in sydney... not so much of an achievment in a town like wagga :).... hehehe
yeah true about the academic stuff i guess... one good thing about my school is that the largest class i was in had eighteen people in it.. that was advanced english. i was the only one who did 4-unit maths, there were about 10 each in physics and chem and only 3 in my japanese class. so i guess if u want to go well academically its all up to u but here we maybe make up for the lesser quality facilities and teachers (well they're not too bad) by having such small class sizes that the teachers can really go out of our way to help us individually
and i'd hate to go to a single-sex school... that's one thing u can't beat about public schools. does sydney boys have much to do with sydney girls or are they kinda seperate entities?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Well Sydney Girls and Boys share the 'flat' area during lunchtimes and recesses and free periods and what not, but its one thing [social] that we dont have. Makes up for it through schoolboy spirit.

shortie_89

HSC
N/A
lol. good old schoolboy spirit. our school spirit mostly extends to our whole school turning out to watch the inter-school rugby league. i guess we're improving in that regard... i think people are starting to like our school a bit better now, people just used to not care or say it was shit, but that attiude was created by people talking us down i think.
oh and ur school also makes up for it through the absolutely DELIGHTFUL (cough) brown and blue-ness... (lol my dad still has his blazer; probly moth-eaten and dustful by now).
do you have to pay to go to a selective school or is it just public schools for smart people? ... we pay about 40 bucks a year... plus an 'optional' contribution (yes im serious its optional.. but we pay it to support the school) of 80 dollars or so. thats not including our uniforms which are cheap anyway

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Good to see any form of school spirit I suppose :)
Brown and blue rocks. Although one may have thought them opposite and uniteresting colours - tell me how many shirts and polos you see these days which are brown and blue striped. Friggin 50% of them.
As for paying. The whole things 'optional', but apparently you dont get your report if you dont pay it. Its still a governemtn school and most other selective schools you would see would be paying in the range of other government schools [say anywhere between $40 and $200]. However, High believes it is better than others [and it is] and as a result charges $768.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)