What school do you dislike? (1 Viewer)

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Originally posted by SPX
I see many of you hate James Ruse...look at what competition does to people, next thing we see is world war 3. I see many feel the same as I towards Knox and those westy schools in burwood etc. hah.

On the North Shore where many private schools are we are lucky to never get that kind of abuse...the closest is the crappy public school students that think their tough, but the moment one of our rugby guys stands up they get scared ....hah.

Even the riverview or st ignatius college guys get along with us.
And I suppose you think that just because you go (or went) to a private school in the North Shore, you think that you are better than us "westy schools", and public schools in general.

Mate, westies may have little disputes between westies, but overall, I think most of us would hate the North Shore snobbery you blatantly display.

At least public education is fair. There are no discriminations based on uncontrollable factors such as how fat your daddy's paycheque is. The only discriminations are based on the student's own abilities, whether this be abilities in the sporting, performing arts or academic fields.

Besides your "rugby guys" were poached from the public system in the first place.

Wait until the HSC results come out. Then see how many quality public schools kicked your arse. St Pius X? Riverview? Are these even in the top 20? Top 50?

And bagging Ruse is just a fun thing to do. Does anyone actually mean it personally?

dazza

Originally posted by SPX
I see many of you hate James Ruse...look at what competition does to people, next thing we see is world war 3. I see many feel the same as I towards Knox and those westy schools in burwood etc. hah.

On the North Shore where many private schools are we are lucky to never get that kind of abuse...the closest is the crappy public school students that think their tough, but the moment one of our rugby guys stands up they get scared ....hah.

Even the riverview or st ignatius college guys get along with us.
A shit school is a shit school no matter where it is. Even the location can't change this fact. Is being on the north shore the only credential your school has? In case you haven't realised, that true private schools, attract people from different areas, including the eastern suburbs, the North Shore, the west and even further afar than the Blue Mountains. People will pay whatever amount is required if the school is good enough. If I had 5 bros, I could send them to your school - fees are only $3021 p.a - for the value of my fees for a year.

Weren't you taught the difference between their and they're??

'Even the riverview or st ignatius college guys get along with us'. Is this a sign that you're desperate for acceptance? Sounds like it is.
Stop trying to play with the big boys, because your school isn't even in the game.

SPX

Oh shut up you stupid westys, go spray some graffiti on your crappy "village shopping centres". Now I wasn't even knocking your schools, I was saying most of the students I see on the streets act in a way they shouldn't...besides the untidy dress, I see them smoking, swearing and getting into fights after school. This isn't the right way to act in my opinion especially when your wearing a uniform which is from your school and stands for their values. Now I am sure you have seen these types of "students".

Now our school isn't judged by the size of the pay cheque, we only spend $5000 on our fees every year and if it wasn't for the crap quality of public education in the past schools I had gone to I wouldn't need to be at a private school right now. Here we can focus more on what we want to acheive without the kids mucking around etc in school and wasting class time. At least its less here.

And no our school never poached any rugby players thats more like Kings and Joeys. But I think its interesting to see possibly the two biggest schools go head to head. I like it.

I didn't even talk about HSC results as it matters how comfortable you are in school not what you score.

And how on earth do you think we are desperate for acceptance. THEIR school is very close to us and when we have athletics meets or cross country we are highly competitive. And trust me our school is just as good as any of the other schools in the state. We regularly beat those "big" schools in whatever.

dazza

By the way, I'm no 'westy' ~ I currently live in the Eastern Suburbs, previously on the lower North Shore. Out of curiosity, what percentage of your past year 12s got over 90 UAI? I don't see why you're dissing the uniforms of other schools when yours is pretty ordinary. There are schools in the west which were established far earlier than yours. They are far wealthier than your school. They are also more strict than your school. They are also some of the best known schools in Sydney. What I'm trying to get across is that just because a school is in a certain location, it doesn't mean that is has a prestigious reputation. One of the private schools in the inner west has been ranked within the top 3 in Australia. My sister attends this school. In terms of technology, the school ranked as number 1 in Australia.

I've never been to a public school before, so I can't really comment on what they're like in terms of academic performance. However, I agree that their uniform and disciplinary standards appear to be quite lax. A friend who went to a public school confirmed this. This doesn't just apply to a specific location, it's what I see everywhere.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by dazza
Out of curiosity, what percentage of your past year 12s got over 90 UAI?
for a uai of over 90 or above - 16%
95 or above - 8%
99 or above - 2%
100 - usually 22 people

SPX

dazza, I didn't mean to offend you or westies (despite my small outburst) but I was just pointin out that many of those schools in the western sydney and even some public schools on the North Shore have students which are really a disgrace to their reputation and they act the wrong way after school, as they say, "Its not where your from but what your attitudes like" and unfortunately the public schools have an image of having a bad attitude. I had public education until 5 years ago and have friends in public schools who are great but are disadvantaged because the majority don't give each other a great learning environment.
Now our school is over 70 years old and it's older than many other schools but I didn't say anything about that.
Yes there are a number of schools in the west with prestigious reputations...again what did I say of that.
And if you are defending westies why are you so quick to say I'm from the Eastern suburbs?
Our uniform is usually worn very well and I don't know where your getting that from.

Meanwhile our school isn't the greatest in terms of academic performance but the way it stood last time was:

* 50% of students above 85% UAI
* Our dux got 99.8%
* We had 30% of students above 90 uai

We presented 160 students for the exams with 30 of them Maths accelerants.

dazza

I indicated where I lived because I wanted to show that just because I'm from the east, I don't have a biased view of the private schools in the west, which you seem to have.

lengstar

HSC
stop generalising based on the distances of directions from sydney. just because you are from a certain position in sydney does not make you a better school or a better student. generally, yes, certain schools get more funding based on suburbs, but it is how the school uses those resources avaliable to there advantage that is the better school.

personally i hate the GPS system. i'm from a GPS school, the only public one, it is such a waste of valuable resources that is diverted to some stupid primitive tradition of that foreign country in the corner of our would be beautiful flag. :mad:

i would say kings because john howard personally funds it as best he cans that turd. takes 5 minutes to pass that fricken school

chait

Originally posted by SPX

Meanwhile our school isn't the greatest in terms of academic performance but the way it stood last time was:

* 50% of students above 85% UAI
* Our dux got 99.8%
* We had 30% of students above 90 uai

We presented 160 students for the exams with 30 of them Maths accelerants.
hmmm.. every year we usually get around 50% of the grade getting over 90 UAI and 60% over 85 UAI ..

SPX

dazza, I probably am biased but I love the North Shore and think its the best. But I did live in Campbelltown for two years a while ago and mate...I have a pretty good impression of what the world is like.

CoYLiE

yeh... we had about 20% > 90 or 80 (pretty good for the northern beaches) at the school that was supposedly "rude and cockey" with "quite a lot drug dealers". altho we probably won't get those same results this year. i know that i'm completely out of that school now, but seriously, i only know of one person who does deal and he gave it up. so with a grand total of '0' constituting a lot of drug dealers, sure, there is. sure some of the guys might hav an ego problem, considering the geographical location, there's a lot of surfies, but there's no way that it could be as bad as ppl from the really "selective" schools.

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
OMG guys get over you friggen statistics and shit.
I was in a Private School (friggen expensive one too-waste of money if you ask me) up until half way through year nine when both myself and my family got sick of the unrealistic values and expectations placed on students. It was a surreal world, giving not one ounce of preparation for the outside world. Don't get me wrong, I didn't get kicked out, I never did anything wrong and we were quite good friends with the principal, but my parents and I made a conscious decision to get out of there. I went to a Public School. It didn't have a 'bad' reputation, it didn't have any reputation for that matter it was just an ordinary local high school. Let me tell you it was soooooooo refreshing. The teachers no longer acted inaccessible and so far above you- they were people you could actually talk and who seemed like they cared. We weren't allowed to run wild as many of you 'privates' seem to think, we had rules too, but they were realistic rules that contributed to the learning environment (i.e. they didn't stress if one sock was pulled up higher than the other, how short/long a girl's hair was or what style she put it in, or whether a guy had facial hair- which might I add is a natural thing- its like saying girls can't have their monthly visitors whilst on school grounds.) We don't get expelled for wearing our hair in a particular way, because unlike Private Schools we don't have to rely on a superficial image to fill our classes. Our academic results prove our worth- and let me tell you they are good. Please stop bagging out Public Schools because let me tell you it is really showing the fake world in which you have been brought up.
Im not even implying that public schools are 'better' than private ones. Im just saying it is up to the individual and no one should have the hide to put someone down just because they liked their school (whether it be public or private).
As has been said on this site a million times- the best school is the one in which you can achieve your absolute potential- depite popular belief there isn't much variation between the teaching quality in schools- because being taught is only one step in the learning process- it is up to the student to ask questions and learn the content.
Just because you go to a school where 80% of students got a UAI of 95+ cartainly doesn't mean you are automatically going to achieve that level- results require work- wherever you are. The superior student is the one who has drive and is willing to learn, in whichever school system they choose.

Last edited:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I agree with you Year 11, the school only does so much and in the end its up to the individual

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ultimate
I agree with you Year 11, the school only does so much and in the end its up to the individual
true ... i mean people at jr could be taught nothing at school and i reckon they would still come first as a school ...

stressed02

someone's defensive....

Year 11 - get over it! if you don't want people to bag out public schools then do pay out private schools... You made your choices as to what type of school you went to/ and now go to - so let other people make theirs. No one was saying a public school is 'worse' ... and in fact i am interested in the 'statistics' of a school's performance - so if you are not, then don't read the thread. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Re: someone's defensive....

Originally posted by stressed02
Year 11 - get over it! if you don't want people to bag out public schools then don't pay out private schools...
Not once in that post did I pay out a private school. I have read this entire thread where Public School people are branded as westies and red-necks- was just trying to show how naive that is. No school can say they are perfect (whether public or private), and I was just pointing out the differences.
i can't imagine ever leaving the (public) school I am at right now in favour of ANY other school because to me it just feels like home (awww how soppy) and Im sure there are plenty of other people like that out there who feel the same way. My main point was that people vary- some are more comfortable in the Private schools system where they are more controlled and their learning is dictated (not trying to sound patronising there its just how Im trying to describe it), whilst others, perhaps more independent and disciplined learners are more comfortable being guided rather than pushed and treated more equally and this is where a public school can better accomodate this type of person (because a public school can better adjust to the individual students' learning styles i.e. being pushed/being independent because of the absence of militarily-strict rules)
Stop twisting my words and trying to make me sound like the bad one!!

user

HSC
Originally posted by dazza
I indicated where I lived because I wanted to show that just because I'm from the east, I don't have a biased view of the private schools in the west, which you seem to have.
thank you for not having a biased view

user

HSC
Re: someone's defensive....

Originally posted by stressed02
Year 11 - get over it! if you don't want people to bag out public schools then do pay out private schools...
do pay out private schools? hm...I like that concept

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)