what raw marks you need for band 5/6 (merged) (1 Viewer)

Naylyn

HSC
Re: what raw marks you need for band 5/6

They can and will give you marks for anthing you can see, my chem teacher told me that if you are not sure about and equation write it in the margin, that way if its right you will get marks for it and if you are not you wont lose marks.

Naylyn

HSC

Trebla said:
Last year hard? Are you serious? Most people said last year's paper was the most straightforward paper they've ever seen. I agree with them myself. Some said it was ridiculously easy. A lot of people predict that it will be harder this year.
I have heard that it was very hard and included things that were only just in the syllabus, the head teacher of science at my school said it was very hard.

The main reason that it was considered hard was because it included high mark questions on very small small parts of the syllabus, it also included questions that had weak links to the syllabus. Meaning if you had put a lot of work in and studied past the syllabus you would be fine but otherwose you are in trouble

lala2

Banned
HSC

Trebla said:
Last year hard? Are you serious? Most people said last year's paper was the most straightforward paper they've ever seen. I agree with them myself. Some said it was ridiculously easy. A lot of people predict that it will be harder this year.
Last year's paper was easy--I should know, it was my HSC. Though I do see with Naylyn's point above ^^ why it could be considered hard. Anyhow, I felt it wasn't too hard and I did manage a 92 in the external without studying anything outside the syllabus.

AngelBunny`

HSC

bboyelement said:
i hope they put heaps of calculation questions in the test... you can always get 100% in these.

but i think chemistry this year will be hard.
I don't like calculations:worried:

Naylyn

HSC

lala2 said:
Last year's paper was easy--I should know, it was my HSC. Though I do see with Naylyn's point above ^^ why it could be considered hard. Anyhow, I felt it wasn't too hard and I did manage a 92 in the external without studying anything outside the syllabus.
Hmm ok fair enough. If it was so easy why were sp many ppl complaining about it? Maybe they were people who just can't take that they didn't do that well, or that their students didn't do that well.

I hope it's much harder than last years, since the harder the test the less my stupid mistakes will mean.

Last edited:

Nodice

HSC

Naylyn said:
If it was so easy why were sp many ppl complaining about it?
People always have and always will complain about the test being hard. This is a given.

Naylyn

HSC

lol i can't really argue with that

lazera1

compfreak
HSC
Anyone know what the raw mark needed for band 6 and 5 for chemistry for previous year

Anyone know what the raw mark needed for band 6 and 5 for chemistry for previous years? an estimate anyone??

hsc=suicide

HSC
Re: Anyone know what the raw mark needed for band 6 and 5 for chemistry for previous year

there is already a thread on this in this forum.

and off memory someone mentioned last year B6 cut off was 81% raw.

>.< search before you post a thread like this.

tennille

HSC
Re: Anyone know what the raw mark needed for band 6 and 5 for chemistry for previous year

The threads have been merged.

kloudsurfer

HSC

This thread is very reassuring! I didnt realise it was that low, I always assumed you had to get around 90% to get a band six.

Im not going to fail miserably after all :)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Re: Anyone know what the raw mark needed for band 6 and 5 for chemistry for previous

kloudsurfer said:
This thread is very reassuring! I didnt realise it was that low, I always assumed you had to get around 90% to get a band six.

Im not going to fail miserably after all :)
I thought the general consensus was that we can't predict the raw cut-off for a band 6.

imprsiv

HSC
Yeah in 2003 i think a 47-49/100 gave u a Band 4 (70/100) aligned which i think is reasonable, and id say a 63-66/100 would give you a Band 5 (80/100). depending on difficultly of this years exam. im expecting a hard one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)