What practice essays do i write about? (1 Viewer)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
I've talked to my teacher and said she would mark my practice essays since i need help with english (a lot!) but i dont know what topic to write about.. ideas anyone?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
There's like multiple ways to do a practice essay really for any module - whether it be belonging, mod A, B or C...

1. You can just do a generic practice essay. This means it won't answer any specific question.
2. You can answer an actual question from like a HSC Trials paper (school, independent, CSSA) or an actual HSC question. Just find one basically.
3. Ask your teacher to set you an essay question (whether it be an easy or difficult question).

But it seems like you are doing the preliminary Year 11 course.

Which module are you doing?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You need to make sure you have a thorough understanding of the module and text before you write essays. Sometimes writing essay plans before writing the essay out is very beneficial because writing essay plans allows you to identify mistakes in structure, and writing a full essay allows you to identify mistakes in your fluency of expression of your ideas. For an essay plan, you usually can write the full introduction, for each body paragraph: write the full topic sentence, have examples/techniques/effects in a point form to support your topic sentence, and a concluding sentence that links back to the question, and you also write out your full conclusion. Remember, the QUALITY of your essays is MUCH MORE important than the QUANTITY of your essays. Best wishes for this year:)

You should be writing your essay in accordance to the module rubric you are studying-either a essay question assigned by the teacher or a generalised generic question related to the module rubric you are studying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)