What plays have you seen this year? (1 Viewer)

niteshade1312

HSC
I was just wondering whether you all see plays during the year?

I have noticed that no one in my class sees plays and that's not because I am doing critical analysis for IP, but I have always gone to see plays since I was little.

I just went to see "Nailed" by Griffin at the Stables Theatre, and I loved it, will definately be seeing it again soon.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ruby's last dollar was pretty bad.
so was the permanent way.
im v picky tho so i hate most things i see.

anchor

HSC
As a class we've seen 'Gary's House' (which we're studying) and something on refugee camps, I think it was called 'Behind the Barricades'... or the wire or bars or something of the sort.

schamoozlers

HSC
umm we have seen, the shoe horn sonata, a secret place, away, 17 by micheal Gow, mm and i went and saw the vagina monologues (awesome!) .... i have seen others but these are the ones i liked

Kean

HSC
I live in a country town so dont get to see plays very often. Went to Trinity Catholic College and watched 'Godspell' it was pretty good.
Earlier in the year our class went to Sydney to see 'Queen Lere' yes the feminist version of 'King Lear' and we also went to Star City and watched 'The Producers'. My GP has some influences from the Producers.

supergirl

HSC
we saw dancing at lughnasa as a class [we are studying it for irish drama].
for my theatre reviews i saw:
+through the wire
+the girl who saw everything
+car gods burn
+the last five years
+the blonde, the brunette and the vengeful redhead
+the shoe horn sonata

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Saw the stuff on Onstage this year, saw Servant of Two Masters, Trial By Jury & HMS Pinafold (can't spell)....both were operas....i love them & i also saw another opera, cant remember the name...

chingly_choo

Bustin' this crib
HSC
Was given a STC subscription for last christmas so have seen Julius Caesar, one about a woman that vanished or some crazy shite like that (it was the WORST STC production EVER) and are going to see Festen and Boy meets girl with Miranda otto laterrr in the year.

Have also seen Dncing at Lughnasa.

Spend most my time watching movies!

babywhitto

chingly_choo said:
Was given a STC subscription for last christmas so have seen Julius Caesar, one about a woman that vanished or some crazy shite like that (it was the WORST STC production EVER)
was that the one put on by the UWS students?! excdept they had left UWS and were doing it as an extra thing?

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Kean said:
I live in a country town so dont get to see plays very often. Went to Trinity Catholic College and watched 'Godspell' it was pretty good.
Earlier in the year our class went to Sydney to see 'Queen Lere' yes the feminist version of 'King Lear' and we also went to Star City and watched 'The Producers'. My GP has some influences from the Producers.
ha ha ha. I was in that Godspell! I was Judas. What did you think of it?

C

Crazy Pomo

fleepbasding said:
ha ha ha. I was in that Godspell! I was Judas. What did you think of it?

Hah hilarious! What school do you go to Kean, I was in Gospell also, as Jeffrey, or the dude who sang sheep and goats and shit. I hated Godspell personally, but it was good fun eh Fleep.

P.S What did you think of Jesus?

I saw Pearl of the Ocean by August Wilson which was pretty good and The Producers by Mel Brooks which was good fun. Saw them on Broadway.
I saw the Lismore Theatre Production of Brecht's Thripenny Opera and I found new ways to kill myself. It was shocking. However, I have a macarbe obsession with mediocrity and so I guiltily indulged in the cringish horror of it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)