What options do I have? - UWS (1 Viewer)

Ozzyy

HSC
Okay so, I want to do a Bachelor of Psychology in UWS but I didn't quite get the atar that I need :\ (I got 65) Is there any ways i can still get into this course?
What options do I have?

Thank you :c

mcapuano

HSC
Doesn't look like you'll make B Psychology as you're 18 points off, but the B Arts [Psychology] program is only a 70 to get in so if you're eligible for EAS or bonus points you could still make it. http://www.uws.edu.au/informationabout/bonuspoints/subjectbonus/uwscourseareas/arts/bachelor_of_arts <--see if you meet any of that criteria, if you do you'll have a shot at B Arts at UWS. If not, you can try a degree that offers a major in Psychology at a lesser known university [with consequently lower cut-offs] such as the Australian Catholic University, La Trobe University, Charles Sturt University etc. and then apply for a transfer to UWS after completing your first year. Look at this course list, there's many programs you can still get into: http://www4.uac.edu.au/wap/ug14-bca...ll&course_code=&university=&uais=&start_date=

Ozzyy

HSC
Doesn't look like you'll make B Psychology as you're 18 points off, but the B Arts [Psychology] program is only a 70 to get in so if you're eligible for EAS or bonus points you could still make it. http://www.uws.edu.au/informationabout/bonuspoints/subjectbonus/uwscourseareas/arts/bachelor_of_arts <--see if you meet any of that criteria, if you do you'll have a shot at B Arts at UWS. If not, you can try a degree that offers a major in Psychology at a lesser known university [with consequently lower cut-offs] such as the Australian Catholic University, La Trobe University, Charles Sturt University etc. and then apply for a transfer to UWS after completing your first year. Look at this course list, there's many programs you can still get into: http://www4.uac.edu.au/wap/ug14-bca...ll&course_code=&university=&uais=&start_date=
Thank's for the tips :3 !

Ozzyy

HSC
I've done ancient history and english standard as my subjects! What does that mean, they're on the list. Thank you.

If i complete a Bachelor of arts, will that get me into a Bachelor of pschology? If so, what year would it be starting from?

Sorry, I kind of find uni a bit confusing sometimes :|

Last edited:

mcapuano

HSC
I've done ancient history and english standard as my subjects! What does that mean, they're on the list. Thank you.

If i complete a Bachelor of arts, will that get me into a Bachelor of pschology? If so, what year would it be starting from?

Sorry, I kind of find uni a bit confusing sometimes :|
What HSC band did you get for english standard and ancient history? If you got a band 6 for english standard or a band 6 or band 5 for ancient history then you get bonus points. You would only have to do one year of the bachelor of arts majoring in psychology and then if your grades are very good the faculty may let you transfer into the b psychology program.

MrKyo94

HSC
N/A
There is also Bachelor of Psychological Science at ACU strathfield with a cut off of 60-65 I believe and B arts Psych, if you're interested. I'm listing three of them down as my preferences.

Last edited:

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
Put psychology as your first preference nonetheless

trust me, I've heard some crazy acceptance stories at UWS

such as, 75 atar and getting into comm/law

so apply anyway, you have nothing to lose

Ozzyy

HSC
Nope, Unfortunately I didn't get any band 5/6 :\

I have psychology at UWS as my first preference already tho :p

Thank you :)

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Like Spiritual Bean said, I don't get UWS's Admission board. I mean do, do they even have one?

Like I said in one of my other threads, I know a mutual friend who have an ATAR of 70 and made it into Bachelor of Laws requiring an ATAR of 90.

I also know a person at my school who had an ATAR of 53 and made it into Bachelor of Policing which required 73 and heaps of other people.

I mean, what the hell?

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
By the way, put UWS as your first preference during the Early Round offers if you don't have a chance of making it into the other unis. I believe they accept most courses @ UWS if you place it as your first during the early rounds.

Ozzyy

HSC
I haven't gotten any email yet from UWS, other than the early offer.

Yeah sirable1, It's so trippy :|

mcapuano

HSC
Like Spiritual Bean said, I don't get UWS's Admission board. I mean do, do they even have one?

Like I said in one of my other threads, I know a mutual friend who have an ATAR of 70 and made it into Bachelor of Laws requiring an ATAR of 90.

I also know a person at my school who had an ATAR of 53 and made it into Bachelor of Policing which required 73 and heaps of other people.

I mean, what the hell?
It's because demand for UWS courses is much lower than the more prestigious unis, they always have spots that need filling

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
At CSU or uni of Newcastle there is 65atar cut off for BSc psychology or BSc social sciences psychology why not try those and then transfer?

muffintoast

HSC
Uni Grad
I got an atar of 57.30 and got in to Engineering at UWS which has a cut off of 74.15. That's like 17 whole points. I was just stoked lol. I put it as my first preference and got an early offer. Put it as your first preference for main rounds and you still have a chance of getting in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)