What options do I have in dropping subjects? (1 Viewer)

zzzz

HSC
Like most people I am considering dropping a subject. But i am stuck between Physics and Engineering?? If anyone has done both courses do they know which one is more interesting?? Also which course has more maths in it. I dont want to make a decision and end up regretting it.

Thanks

HSC
well, if you feel that you are doing reasonable in both subjects, i would continue with 12 units. You never know, it could turn out that another subject might backfire, instead of the ones you are thinking of dropping.

If i were you, i'd wait a little, continue doing the 12 units, and keep your options over. You'll know a little down the track if it is worth dropping any subjects. They say that 12 units is a bit stressing, but it is copable, and i regreat not picking proper 12 units (i did english ext and photography), in which i got automatically dropped to 11, and i dropped ext cause i knew that i wouldn't do that well in it.

All i'm saying is, stick with 12 units, it can help in the long run. Not dropping any units at all can mean that you could have a saving subject in the event 1 falls out, and that 1 that falls out doesn't always turn out to be the one you wanted to drop.

gemrism

HSC
The Gate Keeper said:
well, if you feel that you are doing reasonable in both subjects, i would continue with 12 units. You never know, it could turn out that another subject might backfire, instead of the ones you are thinking of dropping.

If i were you, i'd wait a little, continue doing the 12 units, and keep your options over. You'll know a little down the track if it is worth dropping any subjects. They say that 12 units is a bit stressing, but it is copable, and i regreat not picking proper 12 units (i did english ext and photography), in which i got automatically dropped to 11, and i dropped ext cause i knew that i wouldn't do that well in it.

All i'm saying is, stick with 12 units, it can help in the long run. Not dropping any units at all can mean that you could have a saving subject in the event 1 falls out, and that 1 that falls out doesn't always turn out to be the one you wanted to drop.
Gate keeper is right I wish i had kept on with 13 units because what i ended up dropping ended up being the subject i wsih i ahd not dropped!
trust me if i could go back to year 11 i would have kept 13 units until the trials!

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
It also depends on what you want to do. I'm assuming that with Physics and Engineering you want to be an engineer or some sort (if you want to go to uni that is)? Both are helpful for university courses, but Physics is the assumed knowledge.

In the end, do what you really want to do and the one you enjoy the most. If you're unsure, just keep both. You can always drop later.

zzzz

HSC
Thanks for the replies.

The problem im facing is the mathematics aspect of it all. Im alright with the theory side of it. Im just wondering which one has more maths out of the 2 subjects?? At this stage im still undecided.

Cheers

HSC
in the aspect of physics, math is something that you can pick up. I probably lost my 3rd rank because of my math, but i went from 3rd to 5th. Only because my math sucked. My understanding in theory kept me up. So, this should make it easier if you are considering physics. You can do quite well even if you bomb out in the math side. Though math can be some very easy marks. Like in this year's HSC, the projectile motion question (and another question/s) were something like 10 to 15 marks when added all together. So yea, in the bigger picture, it takes a large chunk, but it is do-able.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)