what options do i have if i get a UAI between 70-80? (1 Viewer)

2006hsc

HSC
I want to do commerce or economics at macquarie. UAI = 85-87%

But right now im trying my best but not 100% confident. My lowest preference is civil engineering at SYd with a uai of 80% which will probably go up.

if i do economics or bachelor of business at UWS..seeing as that is the next lowest course for them..does that just plain suck? ive heard terrible things about UWS and the low job opportunities..maybe thats just a major generalisation or stereotype.

Also, in my family i would have enormous shame placed on me if i had to go UWS (no offense to UWS people) because my family has done so well.

anyway...i might do bachelor of science.....:confused:

2006hsc

HSC
Boxxxhead said:
Why not eBusiness at macquarie, thats about 75.20?
i have not read the description of that, but is that computer/internet related? because i really hate computers lol. but thanks for your effort to trying to make my worries better

virus_89

HSC
i'm facing the same problem, ive got commerce subjects needing about 85, but i unno wat to do if i get lower but...ive got B building and construction management as my back up..about 78 at one of the uni's

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
2006hsc said:
i have not read the description of that, but is that computer/internet related? because i really hate computers lol. but thanks for your effort to trying to make my worries better
Haha sorry :( I believe that it is computer related... Umm why don't you just try your hardest in your first year transfer? Unless your family would be dissatisfied with that as well :S I hate how families always put pressure on us :(

Sorry for all the :S and :( lol I'm always on MSN :D

"Chubby"

HSC
2006hsc said:

But right now im trying my best but not 100% confident. My lowest preference is civil engineering at SYd with a uai of 80% which will probably go up.

if i do economics or bachelor of business at UWS..seeing as that is the next lowest course for them..does that just plain suck? ive heard terrible things about UWS and the low job opportunities..maybe thats just a major generalisation or stereotype.

Also, in my family i would have enormous shame placed on me if i had to go UWS (no offense to UWS people) because my family has done so well.

I have a similar situation to u...the difference is that my parents don't care what uni i go to as long as it's a uni cos they know that i can never get as good as my cousins/uncle. Ill prob most likely end up in UWS. One of my cousins did her HSC in 04...achieved a UAI of 99.85 and is now doing medicine and arts at UNSW..another one is now an optometrist after graduating with honours at UNSW..another one did BUsiness at UTS and my uncle did accounting/business at UNSW. I am the only one in my family who doesn't go to a selective school...so yeah...i understand how u feel.

2006hsc

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
do bachelor of arts and sciences @ Usyd...all you need is a UAI of 75.
arts seems really general and if i did it i wouldnt know what career path to do if i chose arts.

2006hsc

HSC
Chubby said:
I have a similar situation to u...the difference is that my parents don't care what uni i go to as long as it's a uni cos they know that i can never get as good as my cousins/uncle. Ill prob most likely end up in UWS. One of my cousins did her HSC in 04...achieved a UAI of 99.85 and is now doing medicine and arts at UNSW..another one is now an optometrist after graduating with honours at UNSW..another one did BUsiness at UTS and my uncle did accounting/business at UNSW. I am the only one in my family who doesn't go to a selective school...so yeah...i understand how u feel.
lol dont worry you'll do fine and show em

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
2006hsc said:

dw man i'm in the same situation as you as well, the annoying this in commerce in macquarie is that all their courses ranges from 85-86.3

my parents have alot of angst against UWS as well, i'd be in family shaming if i went there so we're in the same boat

The situation i'm in is a bit worse though, i have a cadetship next year meaning that if i don't end up going into a commerce course by next year, i pretty much lose the job, really bloody sucks if i must say.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
i doubt engineering will rise...it would probably be a fixed cut off....USYD civil 80.00, UNSW and UTS civil i believe is 85.00
there are heaps of opportunities if your UAI is between 70-80....like have you considered broad courses such as B arts and B science?
just try the best you can then after first year transfer to a course of your choice
if that doesnt work just wait till post grad
theres heaps of other options but i wont go into further details
good luck

Didzatron

HSC
blond_e said:
lol you're pretty sad if you actually searched for the URL..
Coming from someone so creative they need to use their hair colour as a screen name.

I bet it's not even your real hair colour, you bleached blonde crackie.

Didzatron

HSC
2006hsc said:
why? will i bump into your real parents there?
Not likely. They're both in wheelchairs after a horrible vechicular accident and have very limited mobility. Show some compassion, retard.

2006hsc

HSC
Didzatron said:
Not likely. They're both in wheelchairs after a horrible vechicular accident and have very limited mobility. Show some compassion, retard.
they probably put themselves in wheelchairs for having a child like you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)