What option topic did you pick ? (1 Viewer)

What option topic did you pick ?

• Industrial Chemistry

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Shipwrecks and Salvage

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Forensic Chemistry

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Biochemistry of Movement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chemistry of Art

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
What option topic did you pick and why ?

im deciding between Industrial Chemistry and Shipwrecks.

Got no idea what i want to do. Ideas ? Suggestions ? Reasons ?

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
If you found electrochemistry interesting or were good at it, do Shipwrecks & salvage, because it's mostly about electrochemical reactions such as in the corrosion of metals etc. Industrial chemistry is longer than shipwrecks, and contains stuff like industrial chemical reactions & how to make soap and other products. I did shipwrecks last year, and found it really easy, because my strong point was electrochemical reactions. In my opinion, shipwrecks is easier (interesting too), so that's a good option to choose.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
well the thing is that im not that great at electrochemistry but i would certainly like to reinforce it. And by doing shipwrecks im thinking maybe that could help.

but then again if i don't get any better at it i might get screwed over

freakofcool

Originally posted by SpaceAngelCadet
We Don't get to pick Our Teacher did it for us!! Prob cos it's all he knows!!
We're doing Indutrial Chemistry... we didn't get to pick it either! :mad: He probably chose that cos he knows it as well! I think it would be interesting to do Forensic Chem!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
Originally posted by SpaceAngelCadet
yeah that's what my class wants to do...there r only 4 of us...and we r all reasonably bright i think we can figure it out
wow~!!! such a small class?!?!?!?!????

our school chooses for us.. so we're doin shipwrecks..
we were given the syllabus for it last year in october or something (they do shipwrecks every year anyway...).. man i got freaked out at first though.. there are like, seven or eight sections in the topic... 0.0

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
We are doing industrial chemistry.... we didn't really get to choose, we were told what we were doing.

trinity

yeh we're doing shipwrecks and we don't get a choice... but apparently its the easiest and fastest one to do...:)

pri

HSC
N/A
shipwrecks is the shortest and easiest , but also the most dodgy and most boring

ur lucky u get a choice, I would have done chem of art coz I do art and it would complement each other

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
we didnt pick.. we're doin forensics, i think it sounds good! its wat i wuld have picked neways!

Yeah it is a small Class...we are on a restricted schedule too rather then having 7 lessons a fortnight we have 6 and one we have to go into the library and do a few dot points on our own...in kinda sucks but at least it is running

and yeah our school does shipwreck every year too...but it would be nice for a change

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
were doin shipwrecks..n the teacher chose it cause it has the least amount of maths....all u have to do is add...but seems too boring

Akira_Tikira

Shipwreck and Salvage is not too bad .....
I think it is the best you'll got, its interesting and its short, easy quick
It flows extremely well and guide you through....the prac actually implement the theory for a change

So shipwreck all the way

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
we're doing forensics. yea, we didn't get to choose either.. but it's quite interesting. sort of.

forsaken_99

We're doing industrial. It seems to be pretty easy so far, as we've got equilibrium and that sorted out a long time ago. It seems to be mostly recall stuff with some easy maths involved.

freakofcool

Originally posted by forsaken_99
We're doing industrial. It seems to be pretty easy so far, as we've got equilibrium and that sorted out a long time ago. It seems to be mostly recall stuff with some easy maths involved.
Yeah, I think that's why my teacher chose this option. The Kc equation is so easy when you understand it!

sillychikki

HSC
We didnt get to pick either and we're doing Industrial Chemistry... its ok because i like equilibrium. However we're like pretty far behind i think, we havent even finished the final core!!.

I would have loved to do biochemistry of movement however, cos i love bio:D prolly cos im doing better at it than chem:(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)