• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What motivates you? (1 Viewer)

Le3sah

HSC
[FONT=&quot]Hey, I’m just curious as to what motivates you guys..
Right now I’m procrastinating 24/7 and I can’t seem to do any work…I know I should be studying extremely hard because of year 11 and all…but it’s so difficult.[/FONT]

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Le3sah said:
[FONT=&quot]Hey, I’m just curious as to what motivates you guys..
Right now I’m procrastinating 24/7 and I can’t seem to do any work…I know I should be studying extremely hard because of year 11 and all…but it’s so difficult.[/FONT]
Right now I’m procrastinating 24/7 and I can’t seem to do any work…I know I should be studying extremely hard because of year 12 and all…but it’s so difficult...

bad news for you dear, it only gets harder.

cccclaire

HSC
Generally wanting to do better than certain people in exams.

Although i'm really not the person to ask, I'm a dreadful procrastinater.

williamc

HSC
nichhhole said:
Right now I’m procrastinating 24/7 and I can’t seem to do any work…I know I should be studying extremely hard because of year 12 and all…but it’s so difficult...

bad news for you dear, it only gets harder.
I seem to be following your trial of posts lol.. There is no need to be "studying extremely hard" now imo.

You barely need to study in year 11, just know the course, and discover some good study routines that work for you. Just think of your future goals, does the industry you want to move into require you to futher your education? (ie. Uni) Knowing what sort of UAI you need may motivate you. Just remember it is year 11 and it does not count to your HSC. Although, if you want to do extension 2 courses in year 12 (you have to be doing ext 1 courses) you may need to work hard in that subject to ensure you qualify for the course. (depending on school) Also, the work itself doesn't get harder, just the more competitive nature of year 12 bringing some people to work harder which brings the standard of work up.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
williamc said:
You barely need to study in year 11, just know the course, and discover some good study routines that work for you.
It will be too late when u realise your screwed :) Unless ofcourse you are a genius

Just think of yourself in 10 years and think how much your study right now will impact you. Hopefully you will realise.

Last edited:

~Jess~

HSC
My main motivation is that I want to get into Medicine at Sydney Uni. If I don’t get the mark, I don’t get in; it’s as simple, or as difficult as that!
Also, at the end of the year, I don’t want to feel like I haven’t done my best or that I have let myself or anyone else down. I go to a very small rural, public school and the track record for UAI’s haven’t been the best, so I’m going out there to prove that just because I am from the country doesn’t mean that we can’t achieve as well as the private, city schools where resources are plentiful. I mean, I have to do physics by distance ed, because the school doesn’t have the faculties! People think physics by itself is pretty bad, but try teaching yourself! Lol.
Another thing that motivates me is ‘beating’ other people in the class. I am trying to put a big a gap as possible between me and my class mates. Proving difficult, especially in maths, where I am only tied first. Lol
If you can’t get motivated by any of these means, try a 6km jog at 6 in the morning, just getting up that early makes me feel like I can achieve anything. Alternatively, have a lie in, and after school before you get into homework or study, go for a run then. It is a change of scenery and gets all the blood pumping!

undalay

HSC
williamc said:
I seem to be following your trial of posts lol.. There is no need to be "studying extremely hard" now imo.

You barely need to study in year 11, just know the course, and discover some good study routines that work for you.
Yes it is true that you don't need to be 'studying extremely hard' right now, however do not think that:

"Oh i'll just coast through yr 11 and study my ass off in yr 12 and get exceptional marks."

Have aims in yr 11, and slowly increase them as the months progress.

For example, starting to study 15 minutes a night, then slowly progressing eventually to an hour a night (Near the end of term 3).

williamc

HSC
Jess, your going to have to kill the actual hsc exams, good luck to you.

Did i say coast it?

Also personally, STARTING from an hour a night seems to much. There isn't enough content in the first term to be wasting that much time.

Summer holidays summary notes
2 weeks before half yearlies update summary notes with new content lernt, cram for 2 weeks..
Winter holidays update study notes for trials, and now start the constant 1 hr a night study. Study hard up to trials.
After trials do constant revision till about a month before hsc exams and then up the instenity.

Also throughout the year doing all the homework and putting a solid effort into the assessment tasks.

My plan..

Edit: I'm not aiming UAI 99+

Last edited:

~Jess~

HSC
Thanks for the luck. How much luck do you need?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
~Jess~ said:
My main motivation is that I want to get into Medicine at Sydney Uni. If I don’t get the mark, I don’t get in; it’s as simple, or as difficult as that!
Also, at the end of the year, I don’t want to feel like I haven’t done my best or that I have let myself or anyone else down. I go to a very small rural, public school and the track record for UAI’s haven’t been the best, so I’m going out there to prove that just because I am from the country doesn’t mean that we can’t achieve as well as the private, city schools where resources are plentiful. I mean, I have to do physics by distance ed, because the school doesn’t have the faculties! People think physics by itself is pretty bad, but try teaching yourself! Lol.
Another thing that motivates me is ‘beating’ other people in the class. I am trying to put a big a gap as possible between me and my class mates. Proving difficult, especially in maths, where I am only tied first. Lol
If you can’t get motivated by any of these means, try a 6km jog at 6 in the morning, just getting up that early makes me feel like I can achieve anything. Alternatively, have a lie in, and after school before you get into homework or study, go for a run then. It is a change of scenery and gets all the blood pumping!
good for you, hope you kick the HSC's ass:) And Jess, dont count on luck, count on your efforts. Which town are you from Jess?

Last edited:

williamc

HSC
~Jess~ said:
Thanks for the luck. How much luck do you need?
No luck, aslong as you rank first and own the hsc exam dont worry about the quality of your school.

Statistically you are going have to be in the top 0.1% of the state or there abouts thats why i was sayign good luck, it aint going be easy.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
i took year 11 as an easy coast..
[i mean.. i didnt do horribly... i came 2nd in ext math and ext eng.. and like... 3rd in modern etc etc..
but just.. not very brilliantly...[and there were some large downfalls to counteract those results.. ie 43rd in SORI first sem..]

but it really came back to hit me in the arrrrrrrse this year when i wanted to apply for exchange etc...
they want 'exceptional' studentsand lately i've only really been pretty average...[but it worked out anyway.]

i guess for me, the grades last year were inevitable because certain things happened..
but forthe rest of you..
year 11 is important.
don't overwork.. but don't bludge.. esp in Maths.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Competition between friends, myself and family.

Annalisee

HSC
Sometimes after I've been doing excersise I feel the need to do some work. Other than that not a great deal.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Fear of failure, I suppose most of all. Of course, it's also to beat my friends, hahaha - that's implicit.

Amne

<3
HSC
well. my motivation is the fact that i want to become an international lawyer and need to get really good marks to do that.

set a goal and go for it.

it should help ur motivation out alot!

good luck!:wave:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)