what might happen if... (1 Viewer)

spooky's.gal

HSC
what would happen to me if i went to my next exam, and wrote a nice little story about how my teacher forgot to teach me anything about the topic, seeing as i wont be able to answer a majority of the questions/essays?
id try to answer of course, but if i cant actually write a single thing for an essay what happens if i just blabber on instead? i mean other than me getting no marks, will the bos give me a non-attempt? im very curious.

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
they might be a little pissed....just integrate some theory into it...

just for the record, what subject is this for..?

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
spooky's.gal said:
what would happen to me if i went to my next exam, and wrote a nice little story about how my teacher forgot to teach me anything about the topic, seeing as i wont be able to answer a majority of the questions/essays?
id try to answer of course, but if i cant actually write a single thing for an essay what happens if i just blabber on instead? i mean other than me getting no marks, will the bos give me a non-attempt? im very curious.

Flipant responses will get you a non-attempt which = 0. Some of my teachers are HSC markers in various subjects and they HATE responses like that. It's wasting their time .

Bond_007

in addition to getting a Non attempt and a 0
you will probably get a really low UAI as well
:)

Bond_007

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Hmm I have never head of that. You could get a No Result for your course, and if that took you below 10 units then you wouldn't get a UAI. I know the markers have a responsibility to notify their superiors if they have any 'disturbing' responses, indicating possible suicides etc. I don't know what the BOS would do from there though

tennille

HSC
I think they can penalise you for being a "smart arse" in your exam.

tennille

HSC
yeah, I realise that. If you are a smart arse they can do that.

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
Cactus said:
Flipant responses will get you a non-attempt which = 0. Some of my teachers are HSC markers in various subjects and they HATE responses like that. It's wasting their time</a> .
well if poor teachers hadn't wasted OUR time all year, we wouldnt have to waste the marker's time..

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
it would be a non-serious attempt and you would either get 0 marks for that section or for the entire paper.

which, like someone has mentioned before, if you do 10 units means you are screwed.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
hmm good question, I don't know what they would do......

it would be weird and as i said earlier, i know how much they hate non-attempts, imagine if all the papers returned by a centre were non attempts

impulse_17

HSC
but you can't blame doing badly on your teacher, it's your responsibility
nobody said that you weren't allowed to ask someone else for help or get a tutor or got the library and do your own research
you can't just sit back and bludge all year and then go into the exam and write that your teacher was crap and expect the marker to sympathise with you and give you a good mark

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
thats why you cant file misadventure for poor teaching..........

*rinney*

HSC
True...i have a shit english teacher and the only way to figure out what the fuck shes on about is to further the research yourself. The teachers arent meant to spoon feed you everything...if you are a smart and motivated student then you would do ur best to do ur best ;)

Now that ancient history is over....whatd u end up writing?

spooky's.gal

HSC
impulse_17 said:
but you can't blame doing badly on your teacher, it's your responsibility.
ask someone else for help or get a tutor or got the library and do your own research.
you can't just sit back and bludge all year and then go into the exam and write that your teacher was crap and expect the marker to sympathise with you and give you a good mark
firstly, this was outta curiosity, i dont need you bitching at me, thank you very much. and if i did write that my teacher was crap it wouldnt be to try and get pitty marks, as i already said it would be to pass the time.
and second, i can blame my teacher, because they arent just there to babysit me, they are supposed to TEACH me, geddit? TEACH-er? they TEACH, not BABYSIT or they would be called BABYSITT-er. i shouldnt have to go and get someone else to teach me all the work that they are getting paid to teach me. i understand that i should be researching stuff, but not in order to learn the entire unit of work. if that was the way that schooling worked then there wouldnt be any teachers in the first place, we would all just learn it by ourselves.

crazy_old_jwg

HSC
i actually agree, i only discovered i was SCREWED for modern history when i was talking to people in the other calss and working out how much i didnt know like a few weeks before the exam, and it was because our class has the SHITTIEST teacher in the world where u have to learn everything for yourself while she wanders around looking for 'lost' CD-ROM's about freakin Ancient china while you're like HELLO this is year 12 MODERN history....ohh sooo frustrating.

another example is the drama teacher at our school who screwed up a yr 12 assessment last year SOMEHOW, making it invalid so they had to do it again. Then this year she didnt tell the class that their group major works actually had to be based on some list of words, a fact they discovered about 2 weeks before their performances and had the change them COMPLETELY.

so anyway, my point is i think you can blame your teachers for some things. and i feel your pain when it comes to shitty teachers

impulse_17

HSC
spooky's.gal said:
firstly, this was outta curiosity, i dont need you bitching at me, thank you very much. and if i did write that my teacher was crap it wouldnt be to try and get pitty marks, as i already said it would be to pass the time.
and second, i can blame my teacher, because they arent just there to babysit me, they are supposed to TEACH me, geddit? TEACH-er? they TEACH, not BABYSIT or they would be called BABYSITT-er. i shouldnt have to go and get someone else to teach me all the work that they are getting paid to teach me. i understand that i should be researching stuff, but not in order to learn the entire unit of work. if that was the way that schooling worked then there wouldnt be any teachers in the first place, we would all just learn it by ourselves.
calm down

breathe in, breathe out annnnnnnd reeeeeelax.

okay.
i agree that your teachers are there to teach you, i mean they are getting paid for it. but ultimately, YOUR education is YOUR responsibility and if you know that your teacher isn't teaching you properly, you should do something about it yourself. i know it's stupid, but that's just what has to happen.

i'll put it another way then, perhaps. say you pay someone to clean your house, but they don't do a very good job and are seemingly incapable or too lazy to do any better. so do you just sit around in a messy house and break your leg by tripping over crap on the floor all the time and get diseases from eating stuff that has rat sh*t in it with cockroaches crawling over it cos the cleaner didn't clean the cooking utensils?

no. you get off your arse & clean it yourself.

well the same goes for school.

sorry to be harsh, and im not "bitching" at you, im just pointing out reality. i don't have a problem with you writing letters to the markers about how bad your teacher is, it doesn't effect me, im just pointing out that it isn't going to achieve anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)