What marks do you need to get in order to get a state rank for Business? (1 Viewer)

Lalaloop

HSC
Hey guys! I'm really curious what marks you need to get in order to get a state rank in business, or top the state? I want to know what marks to work for towards my goal (please see my signature).

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Business = 97 HSC mark for state rank.
Internal assessments, try to get 95+ and you're on your way, lolz my goal too!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Business = 97 HSC mark for state rank.
Internal assessments, try to get 95+ and you're on your way, lolz my goal too!
Internal ''marks'' won't matter. It'll come down to your rank for the assessment mark (which is derived from the pool of examination marks that is scored by you and your cohort in the external examination).

So try to be 1st or at least very close to 1st.

E.g. I had a total internal assessment mark of 88.4% iirc (overall for the whole year - got 95/100 in the trials though) which is not above 95~ and was internally ranked 2nd.

And yeah... I came a bit close but obviously, I wasn't expecting a SR anyways :haha:

Hey guys! I'm really curious what marks you need to get in order to get a state rank in business, or top the state? I want to know what marks to work for towards my goal (please see my signature).
I got 93/100 raw (technically 93.5/100 but option aligning rounded it down) for the external exam and that became a 95 examination mark (but I got a HSC mark of 96 due to an assessment mark of 96).

So you're looking at a 97 exam mark (so probably around 95~ raw) and obviously a 97 (or possibly 96) assessment mark --> for a 97 HSC mark.

Last edited:

Lalaloop

HSC
Internal ''marks'' won't matter. It'll come down to your rank the assessment mark (which is derived from the pool of examination marks that is scored by you and your cohort in the external examination).

E.g. I had a total internal assessment mark of 88.4% iirc (overall for the whole year - got 95/100 in the trials though) which is not above 95~ and was internally ranked 2nd.

And yeah... I came a bit close but obviously, I wasn't expecting a SR anyways :haha:

I got 93/100 raw (technically 93.5/100 but option aligning rounded it down) for the external exam and that became a 95 examination mark (but I got a HSC mark of 96 due to an assessment mark of 96).

So you're looking at a 97 exam mark (so probably around 95~ raw) and obviously a 97 (or possibly 96) assessment mark --> for a 97 HSC mark.
OH MY GOSH YOU DID YOUR HSC RIVALRY OF TROLL!

And your ATAR IS A BEAUTIFUL :) Congratulations!!

I hope I do as well as you in Business studies... :) Do they release the top 20 tho?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Internal ''marks'' won't matter. It'll come down to your rank the assessment mark (which is derived from the pool of examination marks that is scored by you and your cohort in the external examination).

I concur

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
OH MY GOSH YOU DID YOUR HSC RIVALRY OF TROLL!

And your ATAR IS A BEAUTIFUL :) Congratulations!!

I hope I do as well as you in Business studies... :) Do they release the top 20 tho?
Yes, they release the top 20 in the state. For subjects with smaller cohorts this is reduced to a top 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)