What marks are you seeking to achieve in 2007? (1 Viewer)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
sticky.rice said:
Hi again !! :)

can i also ask i have choosen PDHPE .. do you think that will be ok with medcine ??? cause it sort of relates to it in a way

THANKS MERRY CHRISTMAS :santa:
Any combination of subjects, as long as it contains Chemistry and either Physics or Biology, should be able to get into medicine, as long as you do well and get past the interview process.

Merry Christmas :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
LottoX said:
Not really, fully acing the UMAT does not reflect on any part of the interview process. =( Sadly...
Don't you at least have to, more than pass UMAT to get an interview?

G

gaoOO

dr baby beanie said:
yup, and then they consider your UAI, and although they say minimum 95, i can assure you that most people doing med have UAIs of 99.5+

jazzmuzik

HSC
Technically for the things i'm interested in a don't need a UAI cause they are all based on interview/portfolio. However this wont stop me working. For simply personal achievement i would like 90+. and also i have the option to get into a range of courses if i choose to later...

ads89

HSC
pritnep said:
Well look up the courses and your preferences and the uni course that you want to do. Then you will know the UAI you need which isn't always the UAI you want which lets face it we all would like a UAI of 100 but not everyone needs that so aiming for what you need is the better option.

Sorry but I don't agree.
I think aiming for a 100 is the best option just incase something unexpected was to occur, like bumming one of your tests or not going as well as expected. If you aim for 100 you have a greater chance of getting your options open incase you decide the path you had choosen was not particularly the best option. Having said that aiming for 100 should also come with trying your best. Let me know if you guys agree.......

jessdoit

HSC
Of course we all dream for above 90...
I'd be fairly satisfied with high 80's.
Anything below wouldn't be satisfactory...

Hoping to get into combined law (haven't decided what exactly) either at UNSW or USYD (of course).

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
That's right. But it's funny how the UMAT are during the middle of the year...
Also on the topic, I might receive free UMAT tutoring from my maths teacher :D

I'd be happy with any UAI, but as long as it relates to the amount of effort that's been put in.

Last edited:

501n2u

HSC
har har har. I need at least 95 UAI to get into Bachelor of Science at USYD.

poOgee

HSC
going to try for 99 or more............. grrrrrr

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
ads89 said:
Sorry but I don't agree.
I think aiming for a 100 is the best option just incase something unexpected was to occur, like bumming one of your tests or not going as well as expected. If you aim for 100 you have a greater chance of getting your options open incase you decide the path you had choosen was not particularly the best option. Having said that aiming for 100 should also come with trying your best. Let me know if you guys agree.......
I still stand by my statement. I had an aim and it certainly wasn't 100 UAI, I meet my aim and went above and beyond that. Even though I set an aim
goal that I wanted to achieve for not only my HSC marks but my UAI it didn't mean I tried any less, what I achieved was to the best of my abilities and I couldn't have done any better. Just because you set a number doesn't mean you will try any less it is just what you are working for and represents where you want to go.

You should also be setting realistic obtainable UAIs and goals, no point setting something that is completely out of your reach however if that being said anything is possible and you should try your best no matter what.

haque

HSC
gaoOO said:
yup, and then they consider your UAI, and although they say minimum 95, i can assure you that most people doing med have UAIs of 99.5+
Combined medicine and science at usyd requires minimum 99.95 and even at unsw medicine they expect minimum of 99.5 s far as i've heard-acing umat isn't enough-however if one aces umat and interview then maybe they can get in with a lower uai

N

noir.

ads89 said:
Let me know if you guys agree.......
No sorry I do not agree with you.
Everyone would like 100 but it certainly isn't an aim that many people have. Aim for something you need, rather than just want.

N

noir.

pritnep said:
I still stand by my statement. I had an aim and it certainly wasn't 100 UAI, I meet my aim and went above and beyond that. Even though I set an aim
goal that I wanted to achieve for not only my HSC marks but my UAI it didn't mean I tried any less, what I achieved was to the best of my abilities and I couldn't have done any better. Just because you set a number doesn't mean you will try any less it is just what you are working for and represents where you want to go.

You should also be setting realistic obtainable UAIs and goals, no point setting something that is completely out of your reach however if that being said anything is possible and you should try your best no matter what.
You are correct. I agree with everything here.

ads89

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
No sorry I do not agree with you.
Everyone would like 100 but it certainly isn't an aim that many people have. Aim for something you need, rather than just want.

Yea but I had stated that if the person decides to change there career path, there options would still be open. As for aiming for 100, realistically ofcourse not everyone can achieve that. But personally I would use it as an individual motivational tool. Wouldnt aiming for 100 in all assessment tasks, trials, yearlies help you guys? I mean what if you aim for 85 and don't put all ur effort in then bum it and get 60. I don't know I guess everyone has a different view on it.

ads89

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
You are correct. I agree with everything here.
Sorry, one more thing..........
You speak of the HSC in past tense but your profile indicates you are doing the HSC the same year as me, 2007?????

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I aimed to do the best I could in all assessment task and any target I had didn't affect that. But with that being said I can see your point of view and why some people would think that.

Gangles.McGee is speaking from her experience this past term doing the HSC.

jaaaaay

HSC
i would like to get 100 haha,
as everyone would...

slightly more realistically... 97-98 to get into what i would love to do!!
but i fear im trying to acheive a lot ><"

we'll see....

redom

HSC
Im aiming for higher then what i generally need to do what i want, but i believe if u set your goals higher you'll do better. Well its worked for me, and sometimes i achieve the goals and they dont seem soo unrealistic as they did when i first made them. Well im aiming for 99+, not sure whether ill get there, but ill certainly do my best to.

Goodluck to all!! hope u achieve what your aiming for!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)