what kind of text is sky high? (1 Viewer)

[mariane]

what kind of text is sky high? :uhhuh:
as in what would you call it? a poem, journal entry, etc?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by [mariane]
what kind of text is sky high? :uhhuh:
as in what would you call it? a poem, journal entry, etc?
Ahoi gummi panda! ;) i'd call it a story

[mariane]

how is it a short story?? like what makes it a short story because I thought short stories had a plot of some sort, some character build up, maybe some dialogue? ^o) uhh.. and yeh.. is it a memoir? actually.. first qn - is a memoir a sort of text? n uhh.. yeh.. im confused still. okay wait change of qn.. what makes it a short story?

Winston

HSC
how is it a short story?? like what makes it a short story because I thought short stories had a plot of some sort, some character build up, maybe some dialogue? ^o) uhh.. and yeh.. is it a memoir? actually.. first qn - is a memoir a sort of text? n uhh.. yeh.. im confused still. okay wait change of qn.. what makes it a short story?
lol well after all it is a story on the girls life, and it's very a succinct and brief story.

[mariane]

ahh aiights den.. short story it is.. haha me n rae were jus making sure.. like yehhh... we knew it was a short story of course like pfft who wouldnt ^o) haha thanks dudez ^^

Winston

HSC
ahh aiights den.. short story it is.. haha me n rae were jus making sure.. like yehhh... we knew it was a short story of course like pfft who wouldnt ^o) haha thanks dudez ^^
lol... np;)

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
I think the markers might be more interested in your analysis of the techniques than the accurate classification of the text itself :)

getz

a short story, consisting of 6 paragraphs, as u've guys sed, its a reflective piece, there's comparisons drawn as well- past & present..
techs:
repetition, personifications, metaphor, imagery, fig. languages & nostalgic tone, etc... u guys should look at some of the RESOURCES: english>area of study... check some of the notes der. btw, do u guys have the booklet THE CONCEPT OF CHANGE? it have info on sky-high and other texts as well..
GOODLUCK on MONDAY everyone! gbless! all d best!

frostings

How about calling it a narrative? Since that is more sophisticated than a "short story". :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)