What kind of love do you believe in? (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
Do you believe in the one true soulmate, for ever burning passionate love??

or

Do you believe you can only grow to truly love some one??

davin

HSC
N/A
no.
there are people out there with the right chemistry...the trick is to find one of them and then let things develop...its a hybrid theory

SweetSeasons

HSC
davin said:
no.
there are people out there with the right chemistry...the trick is to find one of them and then let things develop...its a hybrid theory

lol, gee ur a romantic one :p

davin

HSC
N/A
romance and my view on relationships and power of love is a seperate thing. its just, its a big world out there, i don't think there's just one person out there thats right....but also not like simply any pairing can be turned into a loving relationship.

santaslayer

HSC
There are MANY people who would suit a person. There is no such thing as a soulmate. Soulmates happen because the girl/guy hasn't met anyone who suits them as well as the current one, therefore they brand them as their soulmate.

kandi_cloud

HSC
That's true i reckon, i mean there are different types of loves, depending on what others experience.

Then there are those people that think that the person they are with are perfect for them, but looking outside the box, the person they are with maybe treating them badly, or that there would be a better person for them. It's just that the person can't see what their partner is doing because they are blinded by the fact that they ''love'' with the person and that everything is right the way it is.

How does anyone know they are in love. I personally think i'm in love but really, am i?

davin

HSC
N/A
well, the trick in love isn't if there is someone out there somewhere maybe that would make you happier, but that you feel so happy with the person you are with. focusing on the unknown doesn't work when that could be billions of potential people.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
the word soulmate sounds really weird to me. its too cliche- so is the idea of a "one true love", though i believe in the concept. that is, that you have one person for your whole life. well thats what i want.
love is a very personal idea, and people take it to mean all kinds of things. ive only just started to understand what love is really like and what its all about. it means i have someone who cares about and respects me, enjoys being with me, who i can be myself with and he can be himself with me. the kinda relationship where i can have shit moments and be a pain in the arse because im having issues and i can be stubborn and annoying and i dont get "the talk" about how i cant be that way if i want to keep him. to me, love's the kinda thing where you can be pissed off with your partner one minute and the next minute you'll be having fun again, and you know those issues are petty compared to how much you love each other. love is the kinda thing where you know you'll overcome anything because sacrificing stuff to be together is SO much better than being appart.
love is about fun, being yourself and believing in a bigger picture. real love doesnt fade, it doesnt suddely stop and it doesnt fail.. because "love never fails". not the real deal.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i believe in meaningful, overnight love.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I believe that a soulmate is literally a mate from your soul-group, a being who has been furnished to you as an earthly giude. At the deepest level, our origin is not of the earth. It is that of the stratosphere that you term as 'heaven' in which souls reside.

Some of these souls create close-knit bonds, forming companionships, clusters and groups in some instances. These beings become 'mates'. They depend on each other for guidance and advice.

When a mate branches off and opts for a lifetime upon a planet, it is common for another mate to volunteer to accompany him or her along the way. A recognition of a soulmate when you are upon earth is an exciting moment. There is a degree of familiarity with such a person that is unearthly.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm with az - i'm only just understanding the real meaning of love. i knew it meant more than what i was using it to describe before, and i think there's more to it than what i'm feeling for my current boyfriend. there's a difference between the 'love' felt between teenage couples, young married couples, and old(er) couples (think the cute old grannies). as you grow, your meaning of 'love' changes.

you arent going to have 'forever burning passionate love' in any relationship. there'll be ups and downs, no matter how huge or slight they may seem, in every relationship. you may continue to love the person no matter what, but your relationship wont stay at the highly-passionate-honeymoon-completely-head-over-heels-for-eachother stage every single day.

i believe it takes ages to fully love someone. the longer you're with someone, the more you know them, the more you understand why you love them as much as you do, and the more things you can love them for.

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
I think the latter develops into the former somehow. I don't think there's a thing called love at first sight, I think it should be renamed lust at first sight. If you ask those who fell in love "at first sight", they're more likely to remember "the eyes, the smile, the hair, the whatever" that's tangible...That's the base of true love actually, which is the passion aspect...You can ony truly love someone when you've spend a long time with them, sharing all the positive and negative - then they become your soulmate...and I believe that there'll also be telepathic matters then as well. It just develops over time. Just a bit further from the point, while your definition of love may change, a successful marriage consists of passion, love (respect, care etc) and over time, he or she may also become part of you, like you're from one family, bonded by blood. It's a triangle where no aspect can be missing - Passion and love at the base and the "family-like" tie at the top as it id developed later. So in all, I do believe in soulmates and the fact that you can only grow to truly love someone...but I don't believe in eternal passion unless both parties work hard at keeping the initial passion.

Last edited:
HSC
Shell said:
I believe that a soulmate is literally a mate from your soul-group, a being who has been furnished to you as an earthly giude. At the deepest level, our origin is not of the earth. It is that of the stratosphere that you term as 'heaven' in which souls reside.

Some of these souls create close-knit bonds, forming companionships, clusters and groups in some instances. These beings become 'mates'. They depend on each other for guidance and advice.

When a mate branches off and opts for a lifetime upon a planet, it is common for another mate to volunteer to accompany him or her along the way. A recognition of a soulmate when you are upon earth is an exciting moment. There is a degree of familiarity with such a person that is unearthly.
You're a moron.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Cykologi_gal said:
You can ony truly love someone when you've spend a long time with them, sharing all the positive and negative - then they become your soulmate.
how can they 'turn into' your soulmate after being with them for ages? i know there's different definitions for everything, but arent soulmates meant to be someone you're destined to be with (or whatever) from the beginning, as apposed to someone you grow to love over time?

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
i believe that everyone has one love. like pure and true, you say you can love millions of times, but i don't think that any of them would be as special as one special person that you truely cared about. i view the soulmate as a husband, you fall in love, AND STAY TOGETHER for long periods, even wen ur without them for long periods u don't go lookin 4 other guys, the one is in ur head no matter how far or close, without falling for anybody else, the person is like ur best friend, that's what a soulmate is, not someone you say u love for a few months, then cheat,dump etc

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I believe love is an arbitrary line that people draw at different places, and such an activity is pointless.

But what would I know, I'm just a cynical prick who's never experienced feelings that deep for anyone. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)