what is your 1st car and how much did it cost (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
kols_kebabs said:
You've clearly never owned an old vehicle. Previous bike was a 1999 model, immaculate condition when new, 30'000kms up, but for various reasons, caused me more trouble than anything else I've owned.

After that I owned a 1980 model, with 80'000k's (high for a bike), and it caused me no issues.

Old vehicles aren't inherently trouble if looked after, and bought wisely.
No, I have personally not owned an old vehicle.
But my family has had its share of vehicles.

When I was young, my family used to always buy second hand cars.. and 80% of them caused us trouble.. Since I've entered high school, my family has always bought new cars.. and none of them has caused us any troubles.. zilch.. zero.. nothing..

What I'm trying to say is, you can't just compare TWO bikes and say, my new one was crap, my old one was good, then come to a biased conclusion.. in the context of statistics, it is considered invalid. I would get you to buy 20 new bikes, then 20 old bikes [which isnt even a large enough number].. then you show me the ratio of how many die on you. I'm pretty sure you'd get more old bikes kicking the bucket.

kols_kebabs said:
I disagree. Most young people in my experience change vehicles several times in the first few years of driving as a result of changing tastes and needs.

If you did own a vehicle long term, it will even out, if, and it's a big if, you don't have any accidents. Crashing a new and expensive vehicle hurts a lot more than crashing something that's already worn.
Young people? Changing tastes and needs? Are you talking about the rich arrogant cunts you despise? What kind of needs do we have? I don't think we ALL need to have fast powerful cars, I dont think any of us are ready to commit to a family and need upgrade to a 7 seater..

Are you talking in the context of bikes or cars? Because obviously you know cars cost at least double a bike.. and like lengy said, young drivers dont have money to be throwing around.. Unless you're uber well off like SipSip..

No, I think regardless of accidents, new vehicles still win. If you do have an old vehicle and you get into an accident, you still have to pay for damages anyway [unless you dont mind getting pulled over].. or unless you're just going to chuck it away.. and safety-wise, new vehicles should be more safe unless they're made by the wrong country.

Legham

HSC
kols_kebabs said:
How old are you? I worked casual, 20 hours a week, through years 10-12, didn't spend unreasonably, and had just over $5000 by the end of it.
Im 17, Worked since just after my 14th birthday. I had about $12000 saved up in my second bank account which was for my car, but i only ended up spending $8500 cause i got a heaps good deal. I've earnt easily over $21000 just working part time, and thats just at McDonalds!! Pretty much any teenager can save enough for a decent car :/

dxb

HSC
Holden Commodore VT Spak, 2000, Auto, spent 10k + a roadworthy was another 1500 + my sound system 2500.

probs around 14000 id say, only had it and my licence since april when i turned 18.

all my money, workin after school etc. only work once a week now with yr12....

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I just bought it an hour ago.

It's a ye olde mazda 323 shades, but it's in good nick as far as Dad can tell (and having just taken apart a motorbike, fixed every system in it and put it back together, I trust him on that).

The main thing is I need a car to get around in, nothing fancy, just something to learn manual on and drive to/from work/train station/shops etc. Little brother just got his licence and the 4 drivers:2 cars ratio was not favourable.

2 grand. Like I said, nothing fancy.

Legham

HSC
Armani said:
How about 3 drivers, soon to be 4, with only one car? I envy people with more than one car.
How about 3 drivers with 5 cars? :eek: Ones for sale, but it doesnt look like it'll sell anytime soon..

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
well, up until a few weeks ago i had the same dilemma, with 3 drivers and one car (there is a 3 tonner, but that aint bein used for nufin other than work).

and our previous car was up for sale, but no one was buying it. the solution? well, before we found a solution someone stole it for us and so we got paid by the insurance :rolleyes:.

FromDeeEast

HSC
ashraf91 said:
im still on my Ls and i jst got ma dad 2 buy me a manual 96 model supra, had 2 remove turbos, got it 16gz, 50 000 ks, perfect condition.
i love ma dad
ur compression would be so low, cause it was a turbo version lol... sell it and buy a NA version.

my first car was a nissan silvia 92 model, sr20de extractors body kit rims blah blah blah cost my parents 9k.

yea my parents bought it for me i dont care really...

burls

HSC
My first car is a 98 model Nissan Pulsar which is dark blue. I go for my p's next tuesday. My car cost me $8200:)

FromDeeEast

HSC
veterandoggy said:
whoa that much? i assume it is a non-turbo SSS.

DeeEast, you might not care but hit it and i think SOMEONE will care lol.
haha nah thats not what i meant by it, i take care of my car more then my brother :p

what i meant is i hate people who go "its not ur car if u didnt work for it"

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Nissan Exa...'90.. manual... gets me from A to B.

Last edited:

T-mac01

HSC
N/A

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Hey guys

Street cred wise, which is better, New R32 or the Audi S3....

Currently thinking of removing my current car for those two instead....I think the S3 is better looking...since that the R32 is a VW still

Raj2004

HSC
BMW M3.......oh wait, that makes me one of those spoilt rich kids....:eek:
i don't have to tell you how much it cost, i'm sure you can use carsales or whatever. i'll just say i was lucky. that is all.

nonsense

HSC
1998 VT Commodore.. got it for 5gz off my folks then continued to spend around 2500 on engine, around 500 gettin it lowered and replace bushes, around 1800 on sound system and another 2400 on rims. then i wrote it off
:( now i have a 1994 Mazda 626 cost me 3800, got 17s! woot! lol. bit of a change comin of the 19s from the commodore. and its ALOT slower lol. currently saving to get a KL-ZE engine put in to up the power a bit, then start work on visuals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)