What is the Probability.. (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
that BOS will ask us about our case study for one of the extended responses? Cos our school made us research a country that wasnt in the textbook so im not sure if I should bother reading my case study that we got tested on in term 1 or if I should just use the stuff thats in the textbook on like Brazil for example.

If one of the extended responses is a 'pick between case study and labour market policies' I will be screwed =/

abc123yoyo

HSC
the chances are pretty high considering there are a lot of globalisation essays or you would have to do at least a 5 marker in the short answers i think

michaeljennings

HSC
the chances are pretty high considering there are a lot of globalisation essays or you would have to do at least a 5 marker in the short answers i think
Yeahh if its a 5 marker I have enough knowledge right now to answer it. I totally forgot about my case study for trials and there was a 5 marker on it that I managed to bs 5 marks for. But if its an extended response id prefer not to do it since I could only write 200-300 words on it max

SXCBEAST

HSC
that BOS will ask us about our case study for one of the extended responses? Cos our school made us research a country that wasnt in the textbook so im not sure if I should bother reading my case study that we got tested on in term 1 or if I should just use the stuff thats in the textbook on like Brazil for example.

If one of the extended responses is a 'pick between case study and labour market policies' I will be screwed =/

pretty high probability that they will ask us to do a case study

abc123yoyo

HSC
thats generally not a good strategy haha i said the same thing n 2 of the essay choices for 1 question both scewed me over i got 6/20 :3 basically know enuff to bs a 15/20 minimum

Edit: 5/20

michaeljennings

HSC
thats generally not a good strategy haha i said the same thing n 2 of the essay choices for 1 question both scewed me over i got 6/20 :3 basically know enuff to bs a 15/20 minimum

Edit: 5/20
mm yeah ill probs have to throw in a lot of theory from topic 1 and bs my way through how it all relates to Chile

abc123yoyo

HSC
u will still need to know a lot of stats just sum up ur textbooks case study into 3 pages thats what i did instead of thinking about it n talking on a forum :p

michaeljennings

HSC
u will still need to know a lot of stats just sum up ur textbooks case study into 3 pages thats what i did instead of thinking about it n talking on a forum :p
mm yeah see thats what I dont know.. I dont know if its better to use the case study I already used or use the textbooks one. Anyway i better get off here hahah good luck with eco =)

SXCBEAST

HSC
mm yeah ill probs have to throw in a lot of theory from topic 1 and bs my way through how it all relates to Chile
lol same if its labour markets I will die but chile is a heaps good economy to do so learn that instead of doing the text book ones

Bobbo1

HSC
if u've already researched up your case study then why bother relearning another one? and yes labour market is just full of theory bs

Lis020393

HSC
Well at my school people are 'predicting' that it'll definitely be a case study question for Question 27 or 28
What do you guys think is the likelihood of getting an environment essay when they've already posed that question in the 2010 HSC and do you think they will ask for an essay on economic growth in relation to unemployment and inflation as well as an exchange rates essay?

michaeljennings

HSC
if u've already researched up your case study then why bother relearning another one? and yes labour market is just full of theory bs
Ive done the research but i hardly remember any of it because we did it in term 4 of last year. and it may be lacking in detail compared to other schools because most schools use the textbook and our teachers wouldnt let us

Bobbo1

HSC
michael, stop being a sheep and do one which you are genuinely interested in :)

and lisa, there's a thread where people are predicting extended responses...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)