What is the Image topic all about? (1 Viewer)

Gemstone

Hi i'm kindda a bit lost. We just started the image topic but as my teacher organises the outdoor ed stuff he was out at yr. 6 camp. Anyway I'm not really sure what exactly Image actually means. All i've been able to work out is that it's possibly got something to do with the way people see the world or something on the lines of that. Can someone please tell me.

Gemma

Merforga

Basically the whole point of image is to MANIPULATE the responders thoughts and emotions. This is what the whole module is about. You have to see how image manipulates the responders thoughts, emotions and perspective. For example in Truman Show, Christof (the producer of the reality tv show) manipulates the image of Truman's world so that it appears as a perfect Utopian society whereas in reality it is all falsified.

Hope this helps ^^

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Originally posted by Merforga
Basically the whole point of image is to MANIPULATE the responders thoughts and emotions. This is what the whole module is about. You have to see how image manipulates the responders thoughts, emotions and perspective. For example in Truman Show, Christof (the producer of the reality tv show) manipulates the image of Truman's world so that it appears as a perfect Utopian society whereas in reality it is all falsified.

Hope this helps ^^
Used to manipulate the audience as well as how the tools of production are used to create this manipulation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)