what is so good about UTS? (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The lifts are alright if they stop at every level. However, during off-peak, dropping straight down from like Level 24 to Level 4 is a bit =\. Even Level 16 (where I've had some lectures in the past) straight down to Level 4. Oh, and they take agessss to come! Don't try catching a lift from an odd level or you'll be waiting there for a long time!

The city campus is made up of 7 main buildings (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10) and some smaller buildings like The Loft and housing and stuff (which make up 7, 8 and 9), so its a lot more than just the Tower!

I like the lifts in Building 10. They come quick (coz hardly anyone uses them, lol) and they talk!

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
the elevator moves up and down pretty quickly.

btw have any of u guys used the staircase? i used it on theusrday to go to the toilet and it was so spooky! i thought something was gonna pop out and jump on me or something.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Wild Dan Hibiki said:
the elevator moves up and down pretty quickly.

btw have any of u guys used the staircase? i used it on theusrday to go to the toilet and it was so spooky! i thought something was gonna pop out and jump on me or something.
yeh i been to toilets on top level .its very quite

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
the eatery has heaps of selection in food and at affordable prices too........ unlike kuring gai- just the union shop. :( :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
bushra- for nursing did you say? its also offered at kg. Im not too sure, but with a minimal of 66 uai you are able to obtain some interview that enables you to get a few more marks (closer to the cutoff).

Well, KG is real quiet and has heaps of spiders. eek

i believe kg is crap (no offence)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
dark`secrets said:
bushra- for nursing did you say? its also offered at kg. Im not too sure, but with a minimal of 66 uai you are able to obtain some interview that enables you to get a few more marks (closer to the cutoff).

Well, KG is real quiet and has heaps of spiders. eek

i believe kg is crap (no offence)
ahahaha spiders... do you have any spider friends yet?? if so, bring them to the city campus and introduce them to us all!!! :D

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Shuter said:
It's not near Sydney therefore it's crap.
Dude, you live in the bush too :p.

I haven't been there, only around, so I don't know what the inside is like.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
Purp|e said:
ahahaha spiders... do you have any spider friends yet?? if so, bring them to the city campus and introduce them to us all!!! :D
there are fucken redbacks n shit there, even under the bus stop roof thingy

roseangel

Take the Money and Run
HSC
The elevators of the tower building suck. That is all. Most of them won't stop on odd levels, so you either wait around for ages or take the stairs down. The first time I was in one, it got stuck. Almost my whole tute was waiting for about five minutes for it to start up again. And they shake around a lot and make grinding, whiny noises. The ones in the Bon Marche building are just as bad. They ALWAYS go down when they say they're going up.

And as for the bombing thing? This was how my CIE tutor introduced us to the uni. We were on level 19 of the tower, just for setting purposes.

John Carr: "This building is statistically the most likely to be hit by any terrorist planes taking off from Sydney airport. Unfortunately for you, while in this room watching me, you're facing away from the windows. So, if you see me scream and run, head for the stairs as fast as you can."

But regardless, I really like UTS. All its flaws give it colour. And stories to tell your friends.

Jinglebell

HSC
roseangel said:
John Carr: "This building is statistically the most likely to be hit by any terrorist planes taking off from Sydney airport. Unfortunately for you, while in this room watching me, you're facing away from the windows. So, if you see me scream and run, head for the stairs as fast as you can."
Form John Carr, this surprises me not at all...although I love the 'Escape from UTS' video they have to show at events and stuff, apparently you're meant to leave the person in a wheelchair just sitting in the stairwell when you evacuate...it never fails to get a laugh, but kinda frightening if there was an emergency and you were actually expected to do it...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Why have I not seen the escape from UTS video?

LOL and from John Carr that doesn't surprise me at all either.... he is an absolute champ!

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
There is a link on the desktop on every ITD computer you log into at UTS (including all the lab computers and the ones in the lecture/tutorial rooms) to the DVD.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Purp|e said:

eeek spiders at St Leonards are scary too (near the cemetery)
oh josie you know you love them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)