• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Riet said:
Fuck you, I have plenty of respect for women. This archaic notion that I can't respect someone I sleep with is fucking stupid. Why would I think less of someone I was having sex with, unless I thought less of myself for doing the same? That's what it has to do with equality. I can respect them for the same reason I respect other guys: intelligence, character, compassion, etc. But rather than holding the dated view that there's something especially disrespectful about a woman's sex life I put it on equal footing with that on my own.

I'm not shitting on your choices, I'm shitting on your stupid reasoning.

You know a better way of showing that you trust someone with your body? Making love to them. yes, more so than marriage. There's this cool thing about men and women. They were designed to have sex. It was designed to be enjoyable. To waste so much potential because of some traditional patriarchal values just cheapens everything your mother's generation fought for.
I think you should have sex with Riet.

B

Blastoise

surely the best way to show your respect for someone is through an archaic ceremony where ownership of said individual is transferred from her father to you and signified by a change of her name

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
It's not the ceremony, dude. It's what it stands for. I don't have enough respect or control over my body to offer it to someone unless they own me. Isn't that obvious?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Blastoise said:
surely the best way to show your respect for someone is through an archaic ceremony where ownership of said individual is transferred from her father to you and signified by a change of her name
Lol. Marriage is now about a partnership not ownership:)
Well u know someone reeeeeeaaaally loves you if they make a commitment to be with u for the rest of their life.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Riet said:
It's not the ceremony, dude. It's what it stands for. I don't have enough respect or control over my body to offer it to someone unless they own me. Isn't that obvious?
Come on Riet??? You dont really think that :)
I have respect for my body. I also have control over my body ( lol a hell of a lot).
You know it isnt that.
Are you just cut cause you got accused of having no respect for women when it is respect & equality that forms a large part of the basis for your beliefs?

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
No, I was parodying her. But yeh, I do take offence to being accused of not respecting women. My point is I don't think I need to be married to someone to respect, trust and share something with them. I don't see how it's being disrespectful when I'm stating that I think it's okay for guys and girls to be on equal terms sexually.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Riet said:
No, I was parodying her. But yeh, I do take offence to being accused of not respecting women. My point is I don't think I need to be married to someone to respect, trust and share something with them. I don't see how it's being disrespectful when I'm stating that I think it's okay for guys and girls to be on equal terms sexually.
Yes. See i respect you Riet because i think you are genuine and well intentioned in the beliefs and values you hold.
Its my faith that sees me putting marriage and sex in the light i do, not a widespread distrust of men :)
I do love my decisions , they've been very good for me, greatly contributed to my happiness :)

evry1getscrewed

HSC
Riet said:
Fuck you, I have plenty of respect for women. This archaic notion that I can't respect someone I sleep with is fucking stupid. Why would I think less of someone I was having sex with, unless I thought less of myself for doing the same? That's what it has to do with equality. I can respect them for the same reason I respect other guys: intelligence, character, compassion, etc. But rather than holding the dated view that there's something especially disrespectful about a woman's sexuality, I put it on equal footing with that on my own.

I'm not shitting on your choices, I'm shitting on your stupid reasoning.

You know a better way of showing that you trust someone with your body? Making love to them. yes, more so than marriage. There's this cool thing about men and women. They were designed to have sex. It was designed to be enjoyable. To waste so much potential because of some traditional patriarchal values just cheapens everything your mother's generation fought for.
ok, evidently you take offence to being accused of not respecting women. i got that impression with your line "I find it odd how it's mostly girls who keep spouting on about love and respect. What the fuck happened to equality and the (original) feminist movement?" why can't i be a feminist and also make different choices about my body? because thats exactly what i do. also, just to let you know, feminism has developed. thats what happens with movements; they change and develope as society moves on.
and i didn't say that you can't respect someone you sleep with. to me it just shows more resect to wait.

before your head blows up ill let you know that i am not accusing you personally of having meaningless sex with randoms. but what do you think about one night stands? i personally can't see how that shows trust.

my grandmother's generation fought for choice. now i get to choose.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
evry1getscrewed said:
ok, evidently you take offence to being accused of not respecting women. i got that impression with your line "I find it odd how it's mostly girls who keep spouting on about love and respect. What the fuck happened to equality and the (original) feminist movement?" why can't i be a feminist and also make different choices about my body? because thats exactly what i do. also, just to let you know, feminism has developed. thats what happens with movements; they change and develope as society moves on.
and i didn't say that you can't respect someone you sleep with. to me it just shows more resect to wait.

before your head blows up ill let you know that i am not accusing you personally of having meaningless sex with randoms. but what do you think about one night stands? i personally can't see how that shows trust.

my grandmother's generation fought for choice. now i get to choose.

Good post:)
Thats right. We can choose. Society is now pushing (in terms of media etc)the opposite message to the (very hypocritica)l one they were before...now women are pressured to have sex before they marry...weird.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Good post:)
Thats right. We can choose. Society is now pushing (in terms of media etc)the opposite message to the (very hypocritica)l one they were before...now women are pressured to have sex before they marry...weird.
But what's so bad if they do have sex before marriage? It's as if you're under the impression that it's a terrible thing.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
But what's so bad if they do have sex before marriage? It's as if you're under the impression that it's a terrible thing.
Many people i am close to have done so , and they live and breathe and are every bit as awesome as they always have been :)
I'm a christian , and i have chosen to honour God and my husband and myself with my body....in a way that is inline with my faith. Its a spiritual concept that is a bit hard to grasp :)

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
evry1getscrewed said:
ok, evidently you take offence to being accused of not respecting women. i got that impression with your line "I find it odd how it's mostly girls who keep spouting on about love and respect. What the fuck happened to equality and the (original) feminist movement?"
Because they seem to be presenting the false dichotomy that there is waiting till marriage or disrespecting women. My point was that I don't see sex as the ultimate thing on which I base my respect for them. If someone's a complete idiot and completely lacks character I'm not going to respect them just because they are a virgin.

As for one night stands, if both people understand that it's a casual thing then I don't see any problem. I don't see why you need a huge amount of trust to sleep with someone. It's not that big of a deal. I'd want to have much more trust in someone I was confiding in emotionally than with someone who I was sharing physical intimacy.

Evilo

HSC
It's the individuals choice if they want to enjoy themselves sexually. If you want to hold off then shut the fuck up, cos you're missing out - but thats your chocie. If you want to have sex before, then good on you - do what you like. Provided nobody imposes their views on others then its okay.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Evilo said:
It's the individuals choice if they want to enjoy themselves sexually. If you want to hold off then shut the fuck up, cos you're missing out - but thats your chocie. If you want to have sex before, then good on you - do what you like. Provided nobody imposes their views on others then its okay.
Look no personal offence intended but that pot was badly put together.
Sharing your view and imposing it are two different things.
You have basically said that if 'you want to hold off' you should shut up , whilst 'good on' everyone else.
Thats so wrong.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Look no personal offence intended but that pot was badly put together.
Sharing your view and imposing it are two different things.
You have basically said that if 'you want to hold off' you should shut up , whilst 'good on' everyone else.
Thats so wrong.
Again, it isn't. You haven't provided any good, logical reasons not to other than 'I believe in the bible'. Therefore you are irrational and wrong. Go ahead and believe it so long as you don't push it on anyone else. Good on everyone else for being liberated from outdated patriarchal oppression.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Ennaybur said:
Again, it isn't. You haven't provided any good, logical reasons not to other than 'I believe in the bible'. Therefore you are irrational and wrong. Go ahead and believe it so long as you don't push it on anyone else. Good on everyone else for being liberated from outdated patriachal oppression.
My gosh?
Why should any woman have to explain what SHE chooses to do with her body? Only one id consult in this is my boyfriend , and i do that cause i WANT TO.

I am not irrational or wrong. My choice will not affect you.Anyone who thinks that my choosing to do what i wish instead of conforming to cultural stereotypes is irrational and wrong is in fact COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY WRONG.

I HAVE NOT pushed my own choices on anyone. I resent that. ( as you may have noticed by my liberal use of the caps lock.)
READ my posts before you write any trash about pushing beliefs on anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)